Moon (2009)

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
see i can do positive.... and low and behold i do actually like some stuff..

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1182345/

So i caught this about a week ago having completly missed it in 2009 when it came out and i REALLY enjoyed it and i would recomend everyone to watch it :)

also if anyone is up for a rewatch of it let me know :)

I absolutely LOVED that movie. It was dark, well written, and had great character interaction. I noticed several echoes of 2001 in this movie, but not enough to elicit a groan. Its hard to describe the overall feel of the movie without spoiling it so like you, I will suggest that people watch it. This is the real deal science fiction. :) Positive commentary for a good movie is always a good thing! Its when people pump a bad movie that gets me boiling. :smile-new:

OMNI

I absolutely LOVED that movie. It was dark, well written, and had great character interaction. I noticed several echoes of 2001 in this movie, but not enough to elicit a groan. Its hard to describe the overall feel of the movie without spoiling it so like you, I will suggest that people watch it. This is the real deal science fiction. :) Positive commentary for a good movie is always a good thing! Its when people pump a bad movie that gets me boiling. :smile-new:
as did i.. lol great character interaction.. ye i agree but still lol :P and i agree it was artzy and some 2001 in there but it felt fresh and my god visually STUNNING :)and yes real deal SCI-FI ;)

OMNI

and dude anything with "HYPE" gets me boiling as most often its unwarrented and the product can never live up to the hype.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hunger Games was not a horrible movie, but it was not very exciting or shiny either. It did not seem worth going to a theater for. It might have made a great TV movie or miniseries, but on the big screen, meh. Moon was so well written....it was great. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
that Avangers, Prometheus, etc etc etc so so many.

I just came back from seeing Prometheus. Im writing the long review right now to be published on the front page of the site. I saw it in 3D, and I had the best seat in the house because nobody else was there!

Ticket: $13.00
Popcorn: $7.00 (medium)
Bag of peanut M&Ms: $3.50
Bottle of Dasani water: $4.00

ACTUAL SHOT of goods. $14.50 for this :facepalm:

20120627_224217.jpg

I told the ticket guy I was reviewing the movie and they allowed me to take pictures, but no film:

20120627_223604.jpg

I did not hate the movie, but I did not love it...read my review tomorrow!

OMNI

I just came back from seeing Prometheus. Im writing the long review right now to be published on the front page of the site. I saw it in 3D, and I had the best seat in the house because nobody else was there!

Ticket: $13.00
Popcorn: $7.00 (medium)
Bag of peanut M&Ms: $3.50
Bottle of Dasani water: $4.00

ACTUAL SHOT of goods. $14.50 for this :facepalm:

View attachment 7277

I told the ticket guy I was reviewing the movie and they allowed me to take pictures, but no film:

View attachment 7278

I did not hate the movie, but I did not love it...read my review tomorrow!

so yeah underwelming.