Merlin

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Ill be honest...I havent seen a single episode :redface:. But now I am thinking I shold start watching perhaps? If they are doing that sort of thing and they have her in there...cant be all bad! :)

Merlin skews a bit to a "younger" audience at times; it's "safe" and they don't really show blood or anything too graphic. There aren't any sex scenes in broom closets either, thank goodness. That said, it's definitely an entertaining hours worth of TV on a Friday night. There's some good acting, the tone is light a fair amount of the time, more serious at other times, and there's even a fair amount of humor. The best part about it is the formula they use of having an episodic beginning, middle and end. Much like "Sanctuary" there are seasonal story arcs but the episodes can usually stand alone also. I guess I'm a sucker for what works because that formula seems to be working these days, go figure.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
It's so true. This is the kind of show most viewers want. Why won't they give us more? This is a great show. It's fun, exciting and has characters I actually care about.
The music too is great. RIP John Hurt the voice, casting, the pacing and dialogue is really nice too. It reminds me of Xena, Sinbad and Hurcules except more modern. I really did enjoy watching Merlin it's a shame we will never get a season 6 and 7. This is a trillion times better than Games of Thrones :rolleyes: which is just rubbish.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
This was an interesting show - definitely angled towards youths but not bad.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I still have to watch this. :)