Mars findings to be presented soon

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
http://themeridianijournal.com/2012...ory-books-mars-findings-to-be-presented-soon/

...the results will be announced during the upcoming American Geophysical Union (AGU) meeting in San Francisco, which runs from December 3-7.
What exactly the discovery is still isn’t known, but most knowledable space experts are saying it likely has to do with organic (carbon-based) molecules, since it is the Sample Analysis at Mars (SAM) instruments involved, which are designed to look for organics in the soil among other things. ...

pia16239_c-br2-446x620.jpg

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Well, there is clearly a small lake in the background behind Curiosity. Probably a sailboat too if you look closely enough....

BTW, didn't we have a thread for this already? :confused:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
From the article:

Whatever Curiosity has found, it is not evidence for life on Mars. It can't be. Curiosity is not designed to look for life. Grotzinger has stated this himself. In a Nasa video about the mission, he says, "Curiosity is not a life detection mission. We're not actually looking for life; we don't have the ability to detect life if it was there."

:facepalm:

And this mission cost how much? For the money American taxpayers are paying for these missions, it BETTER be able to detect life, offer it a drink, automatically create a Facebook account for it and post its family pictures on the web. :rolleyes: :facepalm:. Seriously though, if I were to guess the announcement?

REVEAL: They have found the presence of LIQUID water. (prediction)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well, there is clearly a small lake in the background behind Curiosity. Probably a sailboat too if you look closely enough....

BTW, didn't we have a thread for this already? :confused:

#1. As a mod it's beneath me to search for existing threads. That's a function reserved for the lowly hoi polloi.:anubis-pancarte01:

#2. To be honest I thought this scheduled announcement was new. I guess this time they're actually going to give us something concrete; probably something like this:

4662344_std.jpg

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Yay! I'm posting from Convo, a free Tapatalk compatible app on Android!

You may now resume your topic. :D

B

Backstep

The rover found gold as a new setup for a reality show, Gold rush Mars.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
They found Elvis!