Man spends $70K building his own working (sort of) Stargate

heisenberg

Earl Grey

0digg

8Share

If you've got a spare $70,000 and are as big a fan of Stargate as Jacob Yarmuth of Louisville, Ky., you too can build a home theater that duplicates the gateroom of Atlantis.
That's just what Yarmuth did, according to Electronic House:
It surrounds a 10-foot diagonal circular screen that shows a 96-inch diagonal image. The circle within the Stargate can also light up blue, mimicking the water that appears in the show's Stargate prior to transport. ... The theater, explains Phil Chaney, president of the Louisville division of Visual Concepts, uses a blend of styles from Stargate Atlantis, the original Stargate SG-1 TV series, and the 1994 movie. There are even air pocket doors that open like those on Star Trek and a star dome that shows comets streaking across the sky.​

http://blastr.com/2009/12/man-spends-70k-building-h.php

A bit of old news. But still awesome :)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Funny how none of SGpoo's set's are in his setup . Only the Stargate Movie /SG1/ and Atlantis . Excellent room to watch Si-Fi in !!!

S

Stonelesscutter

Funny how none of SGpoo's set's are in his setup . Only the Stargate Movie /SG1/ and Atlantis . Excellent room to watch Si-Fi in !!!

That's because the room was built in a pre SGU era.
I wonder how he feels about it now. :)

S

Stonelesscutter

Perhaps his next project is building a Destiny command room.

AtlantisOrka

GateFans Noob
Omg....thats something that i would seriously like to do some day.To have 1 room that's looks just like Atlantis. This is so cool,i would love that in my house.Lucky guy to have that in his house i'd be off world all day lol.Thanks for sharing this :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Omg....thats something that i would seriously like to do some day.To have 1 room that's looks just like Atlantis. This is so cool,i would love that in my house.Lucky guy to have that in his house i'd be off world all day lol.Thanks for sharing this :)

I agree that is very cool. :) I always wanted to buy a prop from sg1 or sga but wasn't quick enough on the draw to get something inexpensive.