Mallozzi teases Extinction‘s opening scenes

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
It's cancelled, and thus you're out of a job, Joseph. It's time to start sending out resumes again.

What really bothers me about all this is that he's doing this to poke and jab at the fans. It's not constructive in any way, shape or form.

Tropicana

Council Member
He's making sure the entire franchise gets shattered enough that no one would want it, by deploying such tactics.

Similar to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERV0emBPA8o
ST DS9: "Call To Arms".

Skip to 07:04 - 07:57 (not that the battle that results in Starfleet abandoning DS9 isn't good to watch!)

Starfleet abandons DS9 to the Dominion, and Kira initiates a program that sends a power surge and fries all the circuits at the control room to disable DS9, rendering it useless until it gets repaired.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I love this person's response:

• Wow a self destruct alarm.. Seriously. your telling me that 2 guys that are paid to sit and come up with a story couldnt come up with anything more original??? At any point would anyone have asked why didnt this happen as soon as we left the pegasus galaxy… why how ever many months its been… Or is Atlantis’s computers still spinning in there graves from the whole “wormhole drive” concept..
    Why dont they just have the pegasus galaxy being invaded by a species of aliens that take human hosts and are now claiming to be the “ancestors” and enslaving the human populations there.. Forget the Wraith all together. Oh yea season 6 would have been incredible.. They always had the replicators and the evil asgard to fall back on..
  • But no High 5 guys great job… What a shame we’re not going to see this gem.
    If this story is going to become a book or graphic novel or something do us all a favour and bin the story, sit down for more than five minutes and work out a stronger, more interesting one…. For the love of thor please..
    scaper | June 9 @ 7:23 am

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
How hard is it to improve on?

Try this. Keep the Moon bit (it's cool) but instead of the silly "return home" timer have the Atlantis team receive news that in their absence the Wraith are on the rampage. However Homeworld Security and the IOA want to keep Atlantis here. After the usual political tussles the Atlantis team mutinies, obtaining a more usable ZPM with the connivance of Daniel Jackson and set out back to Pegasus.

In pursuit is the Daedalus, with Caldwell under direct orders to catch up, arrest them and bring Atlantis back. Will Caldwell follow orders or join the mutiny? Will a returned Atlantis be able to at least stalemate the Wraith? Which side will Todd choose?

Even as sketchy as this is you can see it is better than Mallozzi's effort - it actually creates a semi believable conflict and pushes characters into choosing sides.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
What?? Fans can't make up stories, they just push for thier favorite characters, you need the "cool heads" of a writers room, otherwise a show just panders to shippers and such........... :laughing:

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Well, most of the stuff are better than this delayed ticking bomb thing.

How about:

Group of scientists still exploring Atlantis discover a deliberately hidden lab, and they activate it trying to be like McKay. They turn on an experimental Atlantis AI that the ancients were working on. The AI takes them back to Pegasus, and they try to overcome it and wrestle back the controls from the AI. They manage to get most of the controls back but discover they cannot go back to the Milky Way. The believe they have deactivated the AI program, but it lurks in the background playing puppeteer and biding its time unbeknownst to the Atlantis crew.

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
I still like the idea of someone or the team stealing the city. It could open with some nice shots of Atlantis on the moon then a space heist of epic proportions takes place.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
What?? Fans can't make up stories, they just push for thier favorite characters, you need the "cool heads" of a writers room, otherwise a show just panders to shippers and such........... :laughing:

And I did that story outline I posted over a cup of coffee whilst also reviewing some Business Intelligence reports. It makes you wonder where they found their writers...

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
And I did that story outline I posted over a cup of coffee whilst also reviewing some Business Intelligence reports. It makes you wonder where they found their writers...
The toy surprise inside a box of Cracker Jack?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
How hard is it to improve on?

Try this. Keep the Moon bit (it's cool) but instead of the silly "return home" timer have the Atlantis team receive news that in their absence the Wraith are on the rampage. However Homeworld Security and the IOA want to keep Atlantis here. After the usual political tussles the Atlantis team mutinies, obtaining a more usable ZPM with the connivance of Daniel Jackson and set out back to Pegasus.

In pursuit is the Daedalus, with Caldwell under direct orders to catch up, arrest them and bring Atlantis back. Will Caldwell follow orders or join the mutiny? Will a returned Atlantis be able to at least stalemate the Wraith? Which side will Todd choose?

Even as sketchy as this is you can see it is better than Mallozzi's effort - it actually creates a semi believable conflict and pushes characters into choosing sides.
Yours is my favorite storyline so far, Joelist. ;)

I miss Todd. Yeah, I know. I'm bad.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I still like the idea of someone or the team stealing the city. It could open with some nice shots of Atlantis on the moon then a space heist of epic proportions takes place.

Hey, I wrote something like that either here or on GW, I'm trying to find it now :P

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
I'm not even going to bother reading it. I have THAT little trust in these writers.

Several Fanfic writers have written continuations to Atlantis, some with larger series. on GW, S09119 is writing a summary style story that has a very strong classic sci-fi aspect to it, while Aer'ki on GW is writing Return of the Ancients which is basically Star Wars in a Stargate environment (Though he is doing a very very plot technically good story, don't bother if you enjoy the canon characters as they are since they're pretty much sacrificed to appease a mary sue OC.)

I myself wrote Universal Sin, which rewrites Season 4 and ends Atlantis's Pegasus story. It's actually quite similar to the above with a whole "taking sides" aspect to it.

Good stories are out there if you're willing to check them out.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I'm not even going to bother reading it. I have THAT little trust in these writers.

Several Fanfic writers have written continuations to Atlantis, some with larger series. on GW, S09119 is writing a summary style story that has a very strong classic sci-fi aspect to it, while Aer'ki on GW is writing Return of the Ancients which is basically Star Wars in a Stargate environment (Though he is doing a very very plot technically good story, don't bother if you enjoy the canon characters as they are since they're pretty much sacrificed to appease a mary sue OC.)

I myself wrote Universal Sin, which rewrites Season 4 and ends Atlantis's Pegasus story. It's actually quite similar to the above with a whole "taking sides" aspect to it.

Good stories are out there if you're willing to check them out.

Indeed. In fact they are no doubt better than my little sketch as they represent more time and effort. After all, as I said I did that outline over coffee while working some Business Intelligence reports. And I am not a writer by trade. That it is better than Mallozzi's concept speaks really poorly of Mallozzi and his writers.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Indeed. In fact they are no doubt better than my little sketch as they represent more time and effort. After all, as I said I did that outline over coffee while working some Business Intelligence reports. And I am not a writer by trade. That it is better than Mallozzi's concept speaks really poorly of Mallozzi and his writers.
lol if you posted that at his site, you'd probably get: Your comment has been noted and is pending moderation. In other words, since this is not a sycophantic comment proclaiming the divinity of TPTB, it'll be discarded.