Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Wasn't Dominion bad enough?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wasn't Dominion bad enough?

This is NOTHING like Dominion. :) This is an amalgam show, combining something like Devil's Advocate mixed with CSI. Nothing at all like Dumbminion.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Oh I know. It just looks so dumb. And the trope it employs has gotten tired.

To think they cancelled Almost Human (which was legit SciFi) but greenlit this.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh I know. It just looks so dumb. And the trope it employs has gotten tired.

To think they cancelled Almost Human (which was legit SciFi) but greenlit this.

The reason I like the idea of it is because it looks FUN and does not try to be serious and dark and religious. It seems to have influences from several genres, but the snark from Lucifer and the slick look of this seems like fun.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
The reason I like the idea of it is because it looks FUN and does not try to be serious and dark and religious. It seems to have influences from several genres, but the snark from Lucifer and the slick look of this seems like fun.

This show seems to be headed toward portraying Lucifer as having a conscience and turning him into an anti-hero of sorts. I'm looking foreword to this show.

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
I saw the pilot on a preview run, it was good enough I want more. Yes Lucifer is somewhat a " Meet Joe Black" and wanting a vacation from being bad.

I look at it as pure fiction, and maybe some fun too.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This show seems to be headed toward portraying Lucifer as having a conscience and turning him into an anti-hero of sorts. I'm looking foreword to this show.

Exactly! Its like they gave him a conscience...a little bit. He is the Devil, but he is not malevolent in this. I like the way they have made him into a playboy type, and also it looks like perhaps he reveals his nature to the lady cop? That would be the same dynamic that Kiera has with Carlos in Continuum, only in a twisted sort of way. She evidently knows he is the Devil? I am looking forward to this as well. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This show is AWESOME. It's fun, slick, and has some serious eye candy going on. The people, places and situations are slick and trendy. Exactly how you would expect Lucifer to live if he were human. They portray him as though he were the bad teenager who snuck out and took Dad's car and credit card while he was on vacation. :) His character obviously knows people deeply. He knows the nature of "sin" and why it is appealing. But he is not malevolent...even if he is devious. And this show is funny too. I want more!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
no--this show is full of tropes and bad acting

but they had to put something up to fill in for MINORITY REPORT

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
no--this show is full of tropes and bad acting

but they had to put something up to fill in for MINORITY REPORT

I loved the pilot episode, but the rest....they are just okay.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i would only find this show good or interesting if I bought into the Abrahamic myths to begin with. Since everything they are presenting on the character runs either counter or in keeping to those myths-how else would the character be anything more then just another dramatic/crime drama one?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i would only find this show good or interesting if I bought into the Abrahamic myths to begin with. Since everything they are presenting on the character runs either counter or in keeping to those myths-how else would the character be anything more then just another dramatic/crime drama one?

BINGO. That was why I did not like Dominion. I do not believe in angels and devils. Still, the writing is clever and the style of the show is modern and hip. I get what they were trying to do.

Bluce Ree

Have you watched the show? I don't buy into any of those myths and I'm really liking this show anyway.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Have you watched the show? I don't buy into any of those myths and I'm really liking this show anyway.

I agree with this. I think I liked the first episode the best of all of them so far, but overall the show is fun to watch and entertaining and not at all a snore-fest.

Bluce Ree

Last week's episode revealed something really interesting, which I suspected all along. Lucifer is not becoming mortal. Rather, he becomes vulnerable only when Detective Chloe Decker is around. He tested this theory when he survived being shot earlier in the last episode without so much as a scratch. He tried cutting his own hand with a knife at the club without any effect then again later while Chloe was around and he bled.

I dunno about anyone else but I'm really liking this show. :)