"Lost Girl's" Adult Content

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
I got the impression that some people would like it better than others. From my memory at least the first season was quite reasonable. There might be a little bit of swearing, but not as much as you hear when people are talking on public transit.

Victoria Secret commercials give away more than the typical adult situations you see on Lost Girl.

G

Graybrew1

I got the impression that some people would like it better than others. From my memory at least the first season was quite reasonable. There might be a little bit of swearing, but not as much as you hear when people are talking on public transit.

Victoria Secret commercials give away more than the typical adult situations you see on Lost Girl.

Yeah, look through some of my posts.
I am far from a prude. :icon_lol:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
G

Graybrew1

You're a vixen in business woman's clothing.
Actually I think I have a bigger wardrobe than that.
I have complex tastes. That is why I have no problem with the adult aspects of this show. ;)

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
This show does have an edge to it which is refreshing to see on the SyFy channel. So Bo heals her physical injuries with wild sex? Hmmmm.

G

Graybrew1

This show does have an edge to it which is refreshing to see on the SyFy channel. So Bo heals her physical injuries with wild sex? Hmmmm.
Yes, and she is not afraid to tantalize the male or female human with her wiles to get them to do her bidding. This show does not just call itself "adult" it is. Hence the MA warnings on before every ep.

SciphonicStranger

Yes, and she is not afraid to tantalize the male or female human with her wiles to get them to do her bidding. This show does not just call itself "adult" it is. Hence the MA warnings on before every ep.

I ain't complaining. :P

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan

Poor Dyson, Bo can't drain that poor guy out. He always comes back for more.....Is this the place where I can complain that Lost Girl is too adult orientated and should be shown at 3:00 at night so it won't infringe on my sensitive sensibilities?

According to a thread at SighFi DVDs for Season 1 are available in Canada come March 27th. If you are watching from Hungary you might be out of luck.

G

Graybrew1

Poor Dyson, Bo can't drain that poor guy out. He always comes back for more.....Is this the place where I can complain that Lost Girl is too adult orientated and should be shown at 3:00 at night so it won't infringe on my sensitive sensibilities?

According to a thread at SighFi DVDs for Season 1 are available in Canada come March 27th. If you are watching from Hungary you might be out of luck.

LOL. You are kidding right? I love how adult it is. I am far from a prude. 1000pm is just fine. It has a MA rating. I am watching from USA, so I am one happy camper.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Cut your collective whinging folks, the show is about a fae orientated Succubus (as opposed tgono the standard Demonic orientation), what the hell do you expect Bo to do, hand out love pecks that make you feel good?? :P

LG is a great series, reminds me a little of a more "adult" W13 with the character interactions and such. It's not Scifi, true, but it is a great contempory fantasy series, and seeing as Scifi as a genre has gone south lately, I really don't mind.

SciphonicStranger

I wasn't whinging. ;)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I agree that it is refreshing that SyFy finally has a show that isn't geared for grade school kids. I usually find lesbian angles tedious but so far Lost Girl is able to make it fit the story and character so it's not so bad. I mean, she's a succubus so you're gonna have that I imagine.

The sidekick is really annoying and horribly over written and over acted. They give her some good lines but they tend to fall flat because they feel so forced. The character has all the intensity (and appeal or lack thereof) of an over caffeinated, over sugared child. With luck she will be eaten and shat out of some fae's colon in the near future.

G

Graybrew1

I agree that it is refreshing that SyFy finally has a show that isn't geared for grade school kids. I usually find lesbian angles tedious but so far Lost Girl is able to make it fit the story and character so it's not so bad. I mean, she's a succubus so you're gonna have that I imagine.

The sidekick is really annoying and horribly over written and over acted. They give her some good lines but they tend to fall flat because they feel so forced. The character has all the intensity (and appeal or lack thereof) of an over caffeinated, over sugared child. With luck she will be eaten and shat out of some fae's colon in the near future.

I agree about Kenzi, but it was kinda funny to see her have to pretty to be a prep on the last ep.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I tried the first couple episodes and so far it is leaving me flat. While there has been FAR worse on SyFy I am not getting why this is good so to speak. Plus I don't associate more sexual content with more "adult" necessarily. I guess it's just me.

G

Graybrew1

I tried the first couple episodes and so far it is leaving me flat. While there has been FAR worse on SyFy I am not getting why this is good so to speak. Plus I don't associate more sexual content with more "adult" necessarily. I guess it's just me.
It is more adult, and not just the sexual content. It is made for an adult with an adult sense of human. Many things would go over a kid's head. It has funny lines and good developing characters with an interesting new concept of the Fae. I know it is not Scifi but it is very good Fantasy show for Syfy.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It is more adult, and not just the sexual content. It is made for an adult with an adult sense of human. Many things would go over a kid's head. It has funny lines and good developing characters with an interesting new concept of the Fae. I know it is not Scifi but it is very good Fantasy show for Syfy.

That's why I also said it could be just me. Sometimes a show just does not work for some people.

G

Graybrew1

It was not juvenile to me, she was doing exactly that, getting information. This is what she does. She is a sexual creature. That is why most likely you don't like it. That is how she is driven and what she hungers for. If you don't like that type of show, you will most certainly not like it. She is a Succubus, she will be seducing Man and Woman alike every show, that is how she survives.;)

OTOH, I don't care that much for Kenzi either, but she is just one character. The show is itself is a breathe of fresh air for me. :D

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It is possible, but I have liked other shows with sexual characters front and center.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I admit I do not like Kenzi - the character comes off as the stereotypical "street smart" sidekick. I also am not crazy with Bo seducing everyone in sight (not literally but you know what I mean). For example having her putting moves on the dean in the most recent episode - even if it was to get information - felt juvenile to me.

Like I said, it can also be just me. Sometimes a show just does not work for some people. I remember well liking "The Dresden Files" while no one else I knew at the time liked it.

It's actually not suprising you don't like the show Joe, Bo *May* strike a chord with "Lillith" (the Biblical one) and that may affect your enjoyment as well.
Everything else may just well stem from that.