Lockout with Guy Pearce: Great little scifi-action flick!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This flick on Netflix was pretty damned good!

:netflix:

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/7...position=1t1&gclid=CJTRuYzeu7oCFQmCQgodlHsAjw

lockoutCapture.PNG

I just watched this movie, and it is pretty good! The effects are good, the characters are decently developed, and there is enough action and drama to make it watchable from beginning to end. I did not really like the overly done cockiness of Guy Pearce's character Snow, but it was balanced out by the story. If you have Netflix, this one is worth a look for sure.

The space prison MS1 (Maximum Security One) is compromised by visiting government officials, among them the daughter of the President of the US. Unbeknownst to the prison, an agent gets a weapon into the prison block and it is taken from him. The prisoners are liberated and a hostage situation develops. The station is huge, and the prisoners don't know the President's daughter is on the station until she has escaped with Snow, a prisoner himself. Snow was released from earth prison to liberate the President's daughter with a promise of freedom.

The movie is engaging, the effects are decent and the story is solid. Worth a look!

:netflix::smiley-money-mouth:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Bah, it's an Aussie actor of COURSE the cockiness is going to be over the top.............
Wish some of these directors actually spent TIME out here sometimes.......

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'll leave this one here as well :D :P

OMFG...where in the hell did you go in your collection of images to find that? What movie was that from, or was it just a direct engrammatic snapshot from your brain? :facepalm: :P

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Guy Pierce plays "nasty queen" very well. :anim_59:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I also liked Lockout. It wasn't some epic film - just a simple actioner that was made pretty well. Stayed focused, acting was good and the plot while not Citizen Kane was well written enough to propel the film.

B

Backstep

In Lock Out, Guy Pierce reminded me of an early Bruce Willis films, where he made wry jokes and nonchalantly walked through scenes while all around him things where going to hell. Over all I like it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
In Lock Out, Guy Pierce reminded me of an early Bruce Willis films, where he made wry jokes and nonchalantly walked through scenes while all around him things where going to hell. Over all I like it.

Its funny how I found it and clicked it accidentally on Netflix, and thoroughly enjoyed it. :) I liked him better in this than I did The Time Machine when he looked like a sucked up crackhead.