Live action "Jonny Quest" movie in the works

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...utm_medium=email&utm_source=breaking_bulletin

Warner Bros.' long-dormant "Jonny Quest" live-action feature film adaptation appears to be active once again, with word from The Hollywood Reporter that Robert Rodriguez has joined the project, as director and co-writer, sharing the latter duties with Terry Rossio.

All I hope for is that they get Bandit right. ;)

upload_2015-5-30_22-26-49.jpeg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Um, they are going to have to handle Hadji much MUCH differently than they did in the real series. :anim_59:. Will they still have his dad named Race?

Yeah, I can't wait to see how they handle Hadji and other ethnic characters without being racist about it.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So is this still in the works or did it get canned . I see the posted comments are old ...

;)

I have not heard anything...this one is going to be tricky no matter what they do. You can't have the lead character be a white male AND have his name as "Race" Bannon (as in Breitbart Bannon). You can't have Hadjii and also make him a houseboy.

Last edited:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
NO!!! just no! can't hollywood ever come up with a new idea? must they remake everything?

Both Jonny and Hadji will be morphed into teenagers and/or young adults. And Hadji will be thoroughly modernized and stripped of anything that might be considered culturally offensive per white people's definition. Not only will he know what a flush toilet is, he will be able to use one also. No more shitting in the sand and blaming it on a camel like they had him do in the old cartoon.

JonnyHadjiCamelRide.jpg

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Both Jonny and Hadji will be morphed into teenagers and/or young adults. And Hadji will be thoroughly modernized and stripped of anything that might be considered culturally offensive per white people's definition. Not only will he know what a flush toilet is, he will be able to use one also. No more shitting in the sand and blaming it on a camel like they had him do in the old cartoon.

JonnyHadjiCamelRide.jpg
What !!! He won't be a slum dog millionaire !!!

;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

JonnyHadjiCamelRide.jpg

They will have Race married to a Hindi woman, and Hadjii will be her son, and he will be a single parent with Jonny. Jonny and Hadjii will be brothers by marriage, and they will both be in the same high school and both will get the same girl pregnant and students will start a pool on who the father is. :icon_lol: