Laser equipped combat aircraft by 2020

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
can I get a laser for the roof of my SUV? then I can really blast those people piddling in the passing lane! (Hey, road rage is a sport! :P )

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Navy already has an operational ship mounted laser; and their is a ground based laser that has been shooting down planes in tests since 2009.

Now the USAF says operational lasers and laser defense bubbles on fighter craft and AC 130 gunships by 2020

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/17/politics/us-air-force-laser-fighter-jet-weapons-research/index.html

:facepalm:. WHY WHY WHY??? Which extraterrestrial alien enemy are we going to be fighting in 2020? WHY is the military continuing to develop advanced weaponry? Who are we going to use it against??? This retrofitting and the develop will cost TRILLIONS (as usual). Hows about we dump the AC 130 gunships and the lasers and use that money elsewhere???????

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
:facepalm:. WHY WHY WHY??? Which extraterrestrial alien enemy are we going to be fighting in 2020? WHY is the military continuing to develop advanced weaponry? Who are we going to use it against??? This retrofitting and the develop will cost TRILLIONS (as usual). Hows about we dump the AC 130 gunships and the lasers and use that money elsewhere???????

sure, but i have said this before--if the industry didn't have the military to sell to, then our cops would be even more lethal and out of control then they are now.

the corporations will always find-or more like make, a customer for their stuff

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
since the space program in the USA has been scrapped there's no one else to buy "advanced technologies" :P

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

Well, on the bright side, it would save tons of money on ammo and we would outgun. :D