Kodi for all platforms. Actually, it's a platform all by itself.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wow, could that narrator be any more boring!? Lol. But sounds good. The reason I asked if there are any better add-ons though was more from the perspective of "more simplistic and faster to navigate". This appears to be similar in navigation but with a lot more options. Are all Kodi builds using the same style of navigation?

Yes, but perhaps you might describe the type of navigation you want? I have tried quite a few builds with Kodi, and it is really the skins that control navigation. Describe what you are looking for, maybe I can suggest something?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Yes, but perhaps you might describe the type of navigation you want? I have tried quite a few builds with Kodi, and it is really the skins that control navigation. Describe what you are looking for, maybe I can suggest something?

I honestly wouldn't know. Is there something that doesn't involve having to go through 10 menus? That's the only thing that annoys me about it really. Why can't I just go to "search movie" straight from the Home page?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
True, but I really really do not want it to start showing up in commercial boxes. Right now, it is 100% free as is all the content available using it. The moment it gets in bed with Microsoft or any corporation, it will become something I no longer want. I still lament the passing of Napster from cool into uncool and commercial. This is what they have become:

http://us.napster.com/

View attachment 33290

I don't think we're looking at a corporate buyout or merger - just them reauthoring their software so it can be installed and run without hacks. They did it a while ago for Android and wound up having to put explicit language in their app store entry saying users assume full responsibility for third party plug ins and any attendant copyright issues.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
OMG compared to Netflix, Kodi makes Netflix look like some stripped down basic service. Kodi has so much content available that you can't explore it all in a single day. Netflix, you could. In about 2 hours. I am talking just reviewing the titles available in all the genres. But Kodi, no way can you do it. Plus, it grabs seeders who just downloaded movies or shows or videos and makes that content available so it is dynamic, unlike Netflix.

It puts a checkmark next to what you have already watched, or lets you resume where you left off watching. And it also allows you to make playlists and set favorites. Netflix? Lol.
I have seen netflix interface, and it sucks balls. The quality of their movies are very good, but their interface is absolutely horrible...I am trying this now. Wish me luck and I'll report back.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I honestly wouldn't know. Is there something that doesn't involve having to go through 10 menus? That's the only thing that annoys me about it really. Why can't I just go to "search movie" straight from the Home page?

Well, the shell of Kodi does have a search module built in, but until you add sources via the File Manager or a build which includes the sources, there is nothing to search. Exodus is an add-on, so you should still be able to go to Exodus, then search once in the add-on.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Well, the shell of Kodi does have a search module built in, but until you add sources via the File Manager or a build which includes the sources, there is nothing to search. Exodus is an add-on, so you should still be able to go to Exodus, then search once in the add-on.

Yes I know but it's such a drag.

- Start Kodi.
- Go to Video and select add-ons.
- Select Exodus.
- Select Search.
- Select Movies.
- Wait for search window to open up then type in search term.

Why can't it just be...

- Start Kodi.
- Search Movies.
- Type in search term.

Or...

- Start Kodi.
- Select Exodus.
- Search Movies.
- Type in search term.

It kinda feels like whoever laid it all out didn't think things through. I realize that there's a lot of stuff you can do with it and they have to give everything a place, but surely most people use it mainly for two things, watching movies and watching tv shows. So how about some shortcuts to those things from the start and if people want other stuff they have to dig a little deeper. That is sort of the point I'm trying to make I think. On the other hand, maybe there are customization options available that I'm not aware of. (coz I haven't looked at it at all, my wife set it up, I didn't even want it)

If there is a skin out there other than Exodus that would just give me what I described above then perhaps that would be the one for me.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yes I know but it's such a drag.

- Start Kodi.
- Go to Video and select add-ons.
- Select Exodus.
- Select Search.
- Select Movies.
- Wait for search window to open up then type in search term.

Why can't it just be...

- Start Kodi.
- Search Movies.
- Type in search term.

Or...

- Start Kodi.
- Select Exodus.
- Search Movies.
- Type in search term.

It kinda feels like whoever laid it all out didn't think things through. I realize that there's a lot of stuff you can do with it and they have to give everything a place, but surely most people use it mainly for two things, watching movies and watching tv shows. So how about some shortcuts to those things from the start and if people want other stuff they have to dig a little deeper. That is sort of the point I'm trying to make I think. On the other hand, maybe there are customization options available that I'm not aware of. (coz I haven't looked at it at all, my wife set it up, I didn't even want it)

If there is a skin out there other than Exodus that would just give me what I described above then perhaps that would be the one for me.

The NoLimits build is for you then. :) Here are the steps:

01. Start your box as normal and then go into Kodi

02. Once you will be inside Kodi then select System from the main screen of Kodi and then click on File Manager

03. Click on Add Source

04. Click on None(Text box) and Keyboard will popup on the screen

05. Type in the web address http://kodinolimits.com/kodi/ and click on Done

06. After that click on Text Box underneath “Enter a name for this media Source”, type kodi and click OK

07. After that you need to return back to the main screen of Kodi by pressing the return button(Back arrow)

08. Click on System

09. Click on Addons

10. Now click on Install from zip file

11. Click on kodi

12. Click on plugin.video.nolimitswizard.zip

13. Wait for Addon enabled notification (If any popup screen comes up then click on Close)

14. After that go back to the main screen of Kodi by pressing the return button(Back arrow)

15. Click on Programs

16. Click on Program Addons

17. Click on No Limits Wizard

18. Once you will click on No Limits Wizard you will find different builds that you can install on Kodi

19. For installing No Limits Build with no Adults content you can click on No Limits Magic(No Adult) and the Build will start downloading

20. Once the Download will finish you need to Exit Kodi and then Reboot your Device by unplugging and replugging the Power cord of your device

21. After rebooting your device go into Kodi and give it around 10-15 mins till Addons will update and then you are ready to go, Enjoy!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
The NoLimits build is for you then. :) Here are the steps:

01. Start your box as normal and then go into Kodi

02. Once you will be inside Kodi then select System from the main screen of Kodi and then click on File Manager

03. Click on Add Source

04. Click on None(Text box) and Keyboard will popup on the screen

05. Type in the web address http://kodinolimits.com/kodi/ and click on Done

06. After that click on Text Box underneath “Enter a name for this media Source”, type kodi and click OK

07. After that you need to return back to the main screen of Kodi by pressing the return button(Back arrow)

08. Click on System

09. Click on Addons

10. Now click on Install from zip file

11. Click on kodi

12. Click on plugin.video.nolimitswizard.zip

13. Wait for Addon enabled notification (If any popup screen comes up then click on Close)

14. After that go back to the main screen of Kodi by pressing the return button(Back arrow)

15. Click on Programs

16. Click on Program Addons

17. Click on No Limits Wizard

18. Once you will click on No Limits Wizard you will find different builds that you can install on Kodi

19. For installing No Limits Build with no Adults content you can click on No Limits Magic(No Adult) and the Build will start downloading

20. Once the Download will finish you need to Exit Kodi and then Reboot your Device by unplugging and replugging the Power cord of your device

21. After rebooting your device go into Kodi and give it around 10-15 mins till Addons will update and then you are ready to go, Enjoy!

Thanks! You know what, despite my inherent lazyness and procrastinatory attitude I will probably give this a try. Not today though likely as I have taken it upon myself to make pea soup which will take hours, especially since it's the first time I'll be making it. Also I have a lot of cleaning to do. Then I'll rest. But thankfully I'm off work on Monday and Tuesday (yay!!!) so I will probably give it a go then. Assuming my wife will allow me of course. :P

Couple of questions though...

Well actually one question really. Why would I have to unplug the power cord of the device in order to reboot rather than simply clicking on restart? It's a Windows 10 device.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Thanks! You know what, despite my inherent lazyness and procrastinatory attitude I will probably give this a try. Not today though likely as I have taken it upon myself to make pea soup which will take hours, especially since it's the first time I'll be making it. Also I have a lot of cleaning to do. Then I'll rest. But thankfully I'm off work on Monday and Tuesday (yay!!!) so I will probably give it a go then. Assuming my wife will allow me of course. :P

Couple of questions though...

Well actually one question really. Why would I have to unplug the power cord of the device in order to reboot rather than simply clicking on restart? It's a Windows 10 device.

You should not have to. What type of device?

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
It's a little mini computer. Your instructions said under number 20 that I would have to unplug it. I suppose you copied these instructions from somewhere as it just didn't make any sense to me. But nevermind, I'm sure I'll manage. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's a little mini computer. Your instructions said under number 20 that I would have to unplug it. I suppose you copied these instructions from somewhere as it just didn't make any sense to me. But nevermind, I'm sure I'll manage. ;)

Yeah, you are right! I should have just given you the way I did it. Like you said, Step #20 is designed for Kodi box and not a real PC. The rest of it is identical to what I did. So skip this:

Exit Kodi and restart it. You do have to allow it to update all the new add-ons once you restart it so please don't start exploring in it until all that is done. Meanwhile, go to the App store or Google Play and get the official remote. You will have to make settings changes in Kodi to allow the remote to control your Kodi, but it is well worth the couple of additional steps.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Cool. I assume they set it up so you can use multiple remotes?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Cool. I assume they set it up so you can use multiple remotes?

Yes. Since Kodi is an HTTP remote, you do not need line of sight or IR. You can install the remote on a tablet or phone and control it as long as you are on your network.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
You will also find with the No Limits Build or any Kodi Build for that matter is that it will do a lot of updating when you start it up so be patient . I am still trying to get my head around how much content this program has to grab . It's quite something .
;) ;) ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You will also find with the No Limits Build or any Kodi Build for that matter is that it will do a lot of updating when you start it up so be patient . I am still trying to get my head around how much content this program has to grab . It's quite something .
;) ;) ;)

Searching in the NoLimits Kodi is easy:

Main Menu > Movies (or TV Shows) > Scroll to bottom of next menu for search > Search

I even found a childhood favorite: Captain Nemo and the Underwater City on there. :)

Why would anybody have any issue with Kodi? It is NOT illegal, even if the sources might not be. How do we know Netflix paid every single license fee for what is in their library? Kodi beats Netflix, Hulu, CBS ll Access, etc etc etc by a large margin. PLUS it has all of the content from those services too. That is how I will watch Star Trek Discovery.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
It has TV shows/ News/Sports/Movies old and new from all over the world in any language you desire .
Nuts
;) ;) ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It has TV shows/ News/Sports/Movies old and new from all over the world in any language you desire .
Nuts
;) ;) ;)

No paid service comes anywhere near it in terms of content. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well, it has started across the pond. :(

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...ware-media-player-pirate-videos-a7796991.html

TVAddons, widely considered the number one library for Kodi add-ons, has mysteriously gone offline.

The site shut down last week, without explanation, and hasn’t returned. Its Facebook page has also disappeared.

TVAddons hosted Exodus, and there are fears that it could stop working in the future.

That would be a huge blow to Kodi users, as Exodus is one of the most popular add-ons available, providing access to a huge number of TV shows and films.

TVAddons listed a staggering 1,500 add-ons, according to TorrentFreak.

Earlier this month, it was sued by US satellite provider Dish Network for copyright infringement.

Whether the apparent shutdown proves to be permanent or temporary remains to be seen, and TVAddons is yet to explain what exactly is going on.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Well, it has started across the pond. :(

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...ware-media-player-pirate-videos-a7796991.html

TVAddons, widely considered the number one library for Kodi add-ons, has mysteriously gone offline.

The site shut down last week, without explanation, and hasn’t returned. Its Facebook page has also disappeared.

TVAddons hosted Exodus, and there are fears that it could stop working in the future.

That would be a huge blow to Kodi users, as Exodus is one of the most popular add-ons available, providing access to a huge number of TV shows and films.

TVAddons listed a staggering 1,500 add-ons, according to TorrentFreak.

Earlier this month, it was sued by US satellite provider Dish Network for copyright infringement.

Whether the apparent shutdown proves to be permanent or temporary remains to be seen, and TVAddons is yet to explain what exactly is going on.

Inevitable!!

Good things that come in the world of personal tech just get ruined by something; corporate greed, hackers and others who will do harm, copyright violations, govt regulations, etc,etc

I am still waiting for something to go "wrong" with ROKU--thoughI really hope nothing does.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member