know your enemy

Spacejunkminer

GateFans Noob
Who is responsible? Of course no one is ever responsible and blame is passed around. The executives producers have to listen to SyFy executives and they have to listen to NBC executives.
The only real power you have as a viewer is to not watch.

Where will I get my science fiction fix? What if the channel itself fails?

My answer is simple--let it fail. The only way that the syfy channel (and whoever controls it) will get the message is if there is a massive boycott of the channel. They haven't succeeded yet in drawing enough of a new crowd in to watch their shows and self-made movies and they still "need" us. I get Eureka through the cheapest seller online and I refuse to watch any of the new shows that skiffy has produced like Wharehouse and the new show Haven. Letter campaigns in the past have failed because executives don't care about viewer numbers until the viewership severely declines.

I guess the whole reason I am writing this is because of the few people who are going to give this season 2 a second chance. I haven't read anything on any of the writers' blogs that sound repentent or sorry about ruining the franchise. They have had ten years of writing a particular science fiction show and the old guard is probably ready to retire.

If you like what sgu has done keep watching, if you're like me and want SyFy to produce better shows make them work to better their channel--make them work for their ratings.

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Hmm if it's not too late, you could rework this a little and add it to the SGU*S newspaper for consideration :)

geijin

GateFans Noob
Truthfully, were it not for Eureka, I would have stopped watching syfy a long time ago. Even as a fan of Warehouse 13, I had to stop watching it when they put wrestling on and pushed Warehouse 13 back 15 minutes EVERY WEEK. I don't watch wrestling, I didn't watch wrestling with I was a kid and stupid enough to think it was real, so stop making me watch it for 15 minutes when I want to watch the show that's supposed to be on. Instead, I've given up on a promising show to avoid watching fake crap. Once Eureka ends it summer season, I will have no reason at all to watch anything on SyFy.