Julien May's books

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
OK
So I have been banging on about these books for over a year and no one else seems to have read them either here, Syfy or GW, hell, I even asked JM if he had read them.

WTF??!!!!???

Dear god people, you are missing out on one of the greatest Scifi saga's ever written. For such a bunch of scifi fans to have never read this series actually disapoints me more than SGU ever did :(

Come on people, commit the time and check them out.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Dude, stop recommending so much stuff! lol. Ok....what's this one about? It better not be emo (hormonal teeny bopper behaviour) or snail-paced (prefer fast paced, story moves along and doesn't drag on focusing on someone's shoelaces or something for a chapter) or description-heavy (description of every little thing, I swear, Tolkein almost got to the point where he was describing every single blade of grass! I couldn't finish his Lord of the Rings cause of that).

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Dude, stop recommending so much stuff! lol. Ok....what's this one about? It better not be emo (hormonal teeny bopper behaviour) or snail-paced (prefer fast paced, story moves along and doesn't drag on focusing on someone's shoelaces or something for a chapter) or description-heavy (description of every little thing, I swear, Tolkein almost got to the point where he was describing every single blade of grass! I couldn't finish his Lord of the Rings cause of that).

I can't help it, I LIKE lots of stuff :D

It's hard to describe without blowing the story, here is one review I found which isn't too Spoilery:
http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/reviews/books/0-345-30989-8.html

This series (all 8 books) is very much like what SGU could have been if it was better written, paced and characterized.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
I'll start on it soon, haven't read a sci-fi series in a while. Very intriguing premise though. Must be to have been a locus winner.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Well, I started, it's still world building and going through character introductions. I've only read few pages though, up to the part where the old scientist shows his time machine to some guests.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I believe I read one of his books MANY years ago -- and it's been so long that I cannot for the life of me remember which one it was.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
gatefan might know if you describe the plot, think he's read most of his books, I only just started the many-colored land.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Julian May is female guys............... :laughing:

Mzzz, good to see you started at any rate:beckettu: