Joseph M isn't interested in future Stargate projects after SGU

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Anais wrote: "If Season 2 was the last sgu, would you still near to work on other projects of the stargate franchise? Apart from that, what would your other projects? "

Dickhead Wrote:No plans to work on future Stargate projects if and when SGU ends. I’d like to focus on some personal projects I’ve had percolating for quite some time.
I hope to see a future stargate series, something that is rooted towards the stargate franchise.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/38624-Joseph-Mallozzi-s-Blog!-%28SPOILERS-For-All-Shows-amp-Seasons%29?p=12015336&viewfull=1#post12015336

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ah HAHAHAHA. As if he has choices!

LMFAO! Mallozzi doesnt have a lot of choices from what I can see. He started at Saturday morning cartoons, so he can go back there. He showed he can write Stargate, but he lost that and dissed it as though it were his worst work, then he comes out with his "fine art" and its the piece of shit we lovingly call Stargate Universe.

HA!

So, its not ABOUT what he "wants to do". Its what is AVAILABLE to him after this awful failure of a show. He torpedoed the fanbase, and he was the one who got sunk. :mallozzicry:

ChromeToasterX

GateFans Noob
Hentai! Wait what?
Nah, I was describing a lot of run of the mill anime (sadly. Damn you execs for pandering to otaku!). I have no idea what hentai movies/OAVs/whatever entails these days aside from full blown nudity (censored of course, although I have no idea why), probably a thinner plot than most anime, and practically non-existent characters. Either would be a good fit for Mallozi, but I'm not really eager to see the mess he can come up with.

Spacejunkminer

GateFans Noob
Shocking, truly shocking. I think this goes under the duh heading. The cats abandonned ship and left the rats in charge. We can hope that the ship takes his career down with it though can't we?
biggrin.gif

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
He still doesnt have the choices.

I think he's working on an anime series or something.

I thought I heard he and Mullie had a comic series in the works? Don't recall if that was animated or traditional. (Sorry, I'm sure I don't have the right nomenclature here. LOL)

Oh lord, I just know it's going to emphasize all the bad things about anime. Near constant fanservice, shit characters, boring ass plots.... if I wanted that, I'd watch some of the shit Japan is putting out.

He can work on screenplays, pitch ideas, whatever. The reality is that he will be no different than all the other hundreds of would-be producers/writers in line to sell ideas to the studios these days. His leg up is his experience with the Stargate franchise. But equally damning is his failure with Stargate Universe and his arrogant dismissal of its fanbase. Also, his personality is not exactly a winner.

So, when he is LET GO after the failure of Stargate Universe, he will have to take whatever he can get. He cant just go where he wants and pick and choose. Just LOL!

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

I would laugh (although also cry) if he got the greenlight to do SGU: The Animated Series (as with ST TOS) but in anime format .......... cough....... hentai.......... cough.

ChromeToasterX

GateFans Noob
I would laugh (although also cry) if he got the greenlight to do SGU: The Animated Series (as with ST TOS) but in anime format .......... cough....... hentai.......... cough.
Well, duh. Mallozi has no idea what makes the greats of anime great, so naturally it would devolve to hentai. Anyone else could make a decent show out it with all sorts of crazy ass scifi shit that you can't do often in a live action show.

Hyndara

GateFans Noob
he's recently had a scifi short story published: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2010/09/joseph-mallozzi-breaks-into-print/

pssst: he's listed as "And others..." :lol:
Oh my ... what a success! This blows me away! Wow, he published in an ANTHOLOGY! *sarcastic mode out*

Sorry, don't know the procedure in Canada or US but I've critized enough German anthologys and have enough invitations to other anthologys I know what kind of authors are using this way to come to the mind of the audience. And I know the most anthology-authors never get the change to launch a novel. Maybe Mallozzi has the advantage because of his "work" as a producer but I don't think his story will be outstanding. To write a script for a show or for a book are two very different kinds of the same art (and I know what I'm talking about, have finished my second show-script a few weeks ago but I'm a novel-author). The most screen-writers I know aren't very good story or novel-writers.

Hyndara

GateFans Noob
A script for a TV show? What is the name of the show?

Working title is "The last War". Originally it is planned as a 4 parter and I have written the two middle-chapters "Departed" and "Reunion". For now we don't have a studio and no broadcasting station. Joe Mendez, the one I worked with, is trying to launch it somewhere. If not he had told me he will try to make it as an independent production maybe as one movie. We will see ...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
He can work on screenplays, pitch ideas, whatever. The reality is that he will be no different than all the other hundreds of would-be producers/writers in line to sell ideas to the studios these days. His leg up is his experience with the Stargate franchise. But equally damning is his failure with Stargate Universe and his arrogant dismissal of its fanbase. Also, his personality is not exactly a winner.

So, when he is LET GO after the failure of Stargate Universe, he will have to take whatever he can get. He cant just go where he wants and pick and choose. Just LOL!

Added much later....

I have changed my mind about Mallozzi. I think we were dealing with a cornered man, somebody who is used to praise and encouragement and not the recipient of bile from fans...at least not on the nuclear level that came when SGU was launched. Anyway, I dont think he is the devil incarnate now. :) Im looking forward to Transporter if it has anything in it like what made Atlantis such a great show. Mullie is there too, as is Cooper. It MIGHT just make up for a lot of this damage.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Added much later....

I have changed my mind about Mallozzi. I think we were dealing with a cornered man, somebody who is used to praise and encouragement and not the recipient of bile from fans...at least not on the nuclear level that came when SGU was launched. Anyway, I dont think he is the devil incarnate now. :) Im looking forward to Transporter if it has anything in it like what made Atlantis such a great show. Mullie is there too, as is Cooper. It MIGHT just make up for a lot of this damage.

I'm wait and see. Transporter works to a large degree because of Jason Statham's martial arts skill and, yes, screen presence. Also because of Luc Besson's understanding how to direct Statham.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm wait and see. Transporter works to a large degree because of Jason Statham's martial arts skill and, yes, screen presence. Also because of Luc Besson's understanding how to direct Statham.

I like the premise too. :) It could be very cool.