Johnny Depp dropped for Pirates of the Caribbean reboot

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Why would they reboot this?!?!?

"...the first five films grossed over $6.36 billion dollars..." :daniel_new004:

Not a fan of any of the original cast: Depp is weird, Bloom is overrated and Knightley resembles a flat-chested butter knife in both appearance and personality.

Regardless, the name "Pirates" has box office cache so it stands to reason that Disney will want to continue to milk it for awhile in some fashion.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
No reboot will work because the whole appeal of the films was watching Depp’s bizarro portrayal of Captain Jack Sparrow.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
No reboot will work because the whole appeal of the films was watching Depp’s bizarro portrayal of Captain Jack Sparrow.
I honestly didn't mind the first three films. I thought they were just good filler movies with some comedy bits.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I really liked the original film. The next two were "okay" and after that they were meh.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I liked the first one and the other one with Kieth Richards in it but after that lost interest . You mean there are 5 movies ? Thought there were only 3 !!!

;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Huh? The Pirates of the Caribbean is dead if Depp is not going to be in them. It will be diminishing returns from here on out. :(