Jewel Staite: How I feel about Stargate's end—and more!

heisenberg

Earl Grey
What are your feelings about the Stargate franchise coming to an end?

Honestly, I can't really believe it's actually over. I've been lucky enough to be a part of a lot of cast and crews over the years, but I can truly say I'll always look back on my time on SG:A with a special kind of fondness. That show was a total dream job for me—shooting in my hometown, sleeping in my own bed every night, working with a fabulous and hilarious cast and crew who made me laugh on an hourly basis, being handcuffed and kidnapped in the woods ... Well, maybe not so much on that last part. Truthfully, I was accepted with open arms into that family, and I will always be so incredibly grateful and proud to be a part of it. And I hope the fans are proud, too, of all of those seasons of television they helped get produced. Without them, it wouldn't have gone on as long as it did, and I really hope they know that. It's their show more than it was ever ours, and I'm just so thankful I got to be along for the ride.

On that sappy note, I'm off to blow my nose! Thanks once again, internet world, for reading my blathering. See you next time.
http://blastr.com/2011/05/jewel-staite-how-i-feel-a.php

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Things like this are why it's hard not to like Jewel Staite. She is a lot more "real" than most TV/screen actors and actresses. Had TPTB put more effort into writing Keller with a personality closer to Statie's I expect the character would have been a lot more popular.

Red Mage

Boney
If Jewel was a member of this forum, I would green her for that post. Keller wasn't my favorite SGA character but Jewel always is a class act in interviews and in dealing with the fans. :beckettu: to Jewel.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
If Jewel was a member of this forum, I would green her for that post. Keller wasn't my favorite SGA character but Jewel always is a class act in interviews and in dealing with the fans. :beckettu: to Jewel.

If Jewel was a member of this forum, I'd green her all day long. OK - maybe that's a little creepy... :icon_redface:

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
I agree! So allow me to green YOU instead :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Isn't it just amazing what a difference in attitude makes towards peoples perceptions :D

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I recall reading somewhere (here?) that during all the negative hub bub about "Keller" joining the SGA team Staite was very polite and diplomatic towards the fans. She didn't lash out but rather said she understood how some people felt. She was very respectful towards the fans who didn't take to her character. Her attitude was (and is) wayyyyyyyyyyy more professional than certain others in the Stargate clan (BJS, DB).

Like others have said, it's hard not to like her. She's a class act.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Geez

And here I was thinking that people around here had problems seperating the actors from the characters they portray........ :rotflmao:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Geez

And here I was thinking that people around here had problems seperating the actors from the characters they portray........ :rotflmao:
I only have trouble separating myself from the character I play on this forum. ;)

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
I've loved Jewel ever since she was Kaylee sneaking a strawberry on this lil' show called Firefly. I thought she was a good addition to SGA, although I really thought what they did to Beckett was incomprehensible and out of the blue. The McKay relationship didn't quite make sense, although it didn't bug me like some people.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
I've loved Jewel ever since she was Kaylee sneaking a strawberry on this lil' show called Firefly. I thought she was a good addition to SGA, although I really thought what they did to Beckett was incomprehensible and out of the blue. The McKay relationship didn't quite make sense, although it didn't bug me like some people.
We call that not-so-affectionately "the McKeller" here...

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Now now folks, let's not thread drift here.

WURD!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan