Is there still hope for the Star Wars franchise? The High Republic is certainly not helping.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bQeEotiNas

The High Republic novels and web series are not doing well. They are basically a project from Kathleen Kennedy's Lucasfilm Story Group. I gave a few of the videos a watch, but they all seem so unimaginative and desperate to be relevant and bearing directly on Star Wars lore. It's almost like they are trying to build a whole new Extended Universe from the ground up, after de-canonizing any EU works before The Force Awakens in my opinion. Here is the Wikipedia on it:
View: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_High_Republic

The YouTube channel is getting heavily ratioed on every video.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
there is not much approval from fans (my definition of fan not theirs) for this. most of us are only looking at the shows on disney + that are to come

i think though, there will always be a niche crowd of people who will always want the "rest of the story"/ "what happened before" kind of thing. SW's is not one of those 'worlds' for this though, imo--- PLENTY of space for stories going in a lateral direction based on what we already have in movies and tv--- just look at the planned shows to see what i mean..Andor, Kenobi, Rangers of new republic.. all our set around the current storyline we all know

specifically to this shitshow, i have not watched or read anything on it and i am not interested in doing so

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
there is not much approval from fans (my definition of fan not theirs) for this. most of us are only looking at the shows on disney + that are to come

i think though, there will always be a niche crowd of people who will always want the "rest of the story"/ "what happened before" kind of thing. SW's is not one of those 'worlds' for this though, imo--- PLENTY of space for stories going in a lateral direction based on what we already have in movies and tv--- just look at the planned shows to see what i mean..Andor, Kenobi, Rangers of new republic.. all our set around the current storyline we all know

specifically to this shitshow, i have not watched or read anything on it and i am not interested in doing so
I watched some of them, but they are SO BAD! And the latest character is a ROCK. Yep, you heard that right. A freakin ROCK they named Geode. It has no mouth, no arms or feet or eyes, yet it is the Navigator for a vessel which they named...Vessel (I am serious!). Its pathetic.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfxT6MFCe1E

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i havent looked are they running these on disney+ ?
No, they are on YouTube. But Disney supposedly has plans to bring these characters into a series. I don't think it will happen.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
No, they are on YouTube. But Disney supposedly has plans to bring these characters into a series. I don't think it will happen.
well there not being on disney +-- i mean the non canon lego star wars shows are on disney+ and so is the Sw's christmas special! so, i think that says a lot about what (at least some) ppl at disney think of this silliness

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Considering the flack Disney is under right now because of mishandling the Lucasfilm fiasco, this does not surprise me.