Is SyFy actually "getting it" again?

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
I did not know the Expansive was shot in Toronto . I will have to keep a bigger eye out for cast strolling around .

;) ;) ;)

Why wait for them to come to you.

According to their film commission, the shows shot in Toronto have to give 48 hours notice if they shoot/lense on any neighbourhood streets.

There is probably several Twitter, or Facebook accounts dedicated to telling visitors and locals alike, where to go to see their favourite shows being filmed live.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Looks like a lot of the Expanse is shot indoors with some awesome cgi ... Not sure I'll see any outdoor shoots . In the summer you will see 2 or 3 locations of various shoots if you were to drive around town . I found the place were they shoot Hero's . A show I have never seen or even knew about until I walked by the studio with my dog ...

;) ;) ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Looks like a lot of the Expanse is shot indoors with some awesome cgi ... Not sure I'll see any outdoor shoots . In the summer you will see 2 or 3 locations of various shoots if you were to drive around town . I found the place were they shoot Hero's . A show I have never seen or even knew about until I walked by the studio with my dog ...

;) ;) ;)

Location shots are almost extinct. Not because they are not effective, it's just that what is available with CGI (perhaps in combination with a location shot composited) is where they have gone with it. Your daughter probably can speak on that! I thoroughly enjoyed your Man on the Spot photo journal of Defiance. SO COOL!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The Expanse inherently has a lot of interior scenes, but they did also shoot on location for her walk in the snow to visit Holden's family.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Not sure how Wayward Pines would continue . It went the way of hitler youth kinda from what I remember and I am not interested in that point of view . But if the future monster humans eat them all up , then I'm in ...
;) ;) ;)

apparently,there is more source material that takes the story forward

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
As Wayward Pines, The Magicians, and The Expanse, are all based on book trilogies there must be potential galore for future scenes to be played out. I think there is enough information out there about "Pines" and how they are going to move forward.

As for The Expanse itself, I was thinking more in line with The Strain, Killjoys, Dark Matter, American Gothic, and the new XXX filming their stuff on city streets.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
12 MONKEYS is a very good show!

far better then the movie

but of course, now that I have said that, no one will probably watch it! :( :redface:

This is a GOOD SERIES! It deserves it's own thread...making one. :)