Iron Sky Teaser 2

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I can't believe I left this film out of the upcoming sci-fi page :facepalm:. Iron Sky for those who don't know is an upcoming comedy sci-fi movie from the guys that brought us the star trek parody Star Wreck in the Pirkinning
Here is the plot

As a dark science fiction that plays with Finland's history of being oppressed by Russia, Iron Sky is a deliberate thematic throwback, a modern implementation of once-popular science fiction tropes that have fallen into disuse, such as Nazis in space.[5][6]
As World War II comes to an end in 1945, Hans Kammler and other German scientists make a breakthrough in anti-gravity research. From a secret base in the Antarctic, Nazi spaceships are sent to the "dark side" of the Moon to establish the military base "Schwarze Sonne" (Black Sun).[3] Their plan is to build a powerful fleet and return to conquer Earth. The film is set in the year 2018 when their descendants finally return.[3][5]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KEueJnsu80&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeAfoiN5SDw

Here is the Star Wreck In the Pirkinning
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORrlrlOKZMw&feature=relmfu

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Awwww.....:( I was interested in Iron Sky until I saw these clips. I dont buy for a second that Nazis went to the moon, and especially did not build structures like that on the lunar surface. I do know about the alleged "German vimanas" or saucer ships. But to have taken them to the Moon and built stylized structures like that is preposterous, even in science fiction. The swastika shaped building was a nice touch :roll:. This movie does, however, look like a special effects tour de force, but that will be it. Im already in rejection mode. :icon_e_sad:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Awwww.....:( I was interested in Iron Sky until I saw these clips. I dont buy for a second that Nazis went to the moon, and especially did not build structures like that on the lunar surface. I do know about the alleged "German vimanas" or saucer ships. But to have taken them to the Moon and built stylized structures like that is preposterous, even in science fiction. The swastika shaped building was a nice touch :roll:. This movie does, however, look like a special effects tour de force, but that will be it. Im already in rejection mode. :icon_e_sad:

Aww! It's apparently a comedy movie.:confused:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Oh! Its a comedy?! Thats different. :)

You clearly missed what I wrote then :P :D
Iron Sky for those who don't know is an upcoming comedy sci-fi movie from the guys that brought us the star trek parody Star Wreck in the Pirkinning
Here is the plot
I actually, haven't watched Star Wreck in The pirkinning but I am willing to give it a shot.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You clearly missed what I wrote then :P :D
I actually, haven't watched Star Wreck in The pirkinning but I am willing to give it a shot.

Yep, missed it :) I have seen the Star Wreck stuff before...very funny!

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Oh! Its a comedy?! Thats different. :)

If you loved Star Wreck: In the Pirkening, you're sure to love Iron Sky. All the special effects for the last Star Wreck movie was done on desktop commodity hardware and a shoestring budget. For an amateur film, it rocked. They have some "behind the scenes" clips showing the tiny green screen they used for most of the scenes. Iron Sky has a bigger budget raised through donations and is a combined effort via contributions, sort of an open-source movie. For an amateur production, the teasers alone are real eye-candy IMO.