Interview with new SGU writer Remi Aubuchon

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Eh? Nooooo, that's the opposite of what I was saying.............. oh, were you being ironic just then?

You're not making sense. I'm a fairly intelligent person and can discern much so the failure is on your end. No matter, I'm not really interested in whatever it was you were trying to convey so why don't we both just go our separate ways.

And that wasn't irony, it was sarcasm. There's a difference. A discerning person would know that. ;)

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

You're not making sense. I'm a fairly intelligent person and can discern much so the failure is on your end. No matter, I'm not really interested in whatever it was you were trying to convey so why don't we both just go our separate ways.

And that wasn't irony, it was sarcasm. There's a difference. A discerning person would know that. ;)

Mate wtf? Why are you acting like that all of a sudden? I was using your comments in quotes as an affront to that "brown nosed twit" (presumably Remi Aubuchon).

It seems a little daft that I have to unquote & explain my comments but here goes:-

You're right Paragon, where is the mythology in SGU this brown nosed twit references???

Brown nosed twit - presumed to be Remi Aubuchon.

It's like he was speaking words for the sake of speaking words, not to actually convey a legitimate point.

Which as I was saying, although perhaps wasn't being very specific, is that many of the pro-SGU trolls that come to sgusucks.com, do so & post in the very manner you state in the quote directly above this line (or if you want me to be more specific - the trolls come here & speak words for the sake of speaking words & not actually to convey a legitimate point). Hence I said "Sounds just like the trolls who come here".

I love how he goes from one crappy show to another crappy show but is oblivious to the crappiness.

The bolded part of this quote is the part I was pretty much referencing (or if you want me to be more specific) the part which says "oblivious to the crappiness". Many pro-SGU trolls who come here to sgusucks.com & try to big up SGU do so by putting down previous SG shows & other old sci fi shows but just seem oblivious to SGU's crappiness (almost as if they haven't seen it - ergo shills/hired e-muscle).

Anyhoo, I hope that clears it all up for you & I hope the intention & context of my original post wasn't as hugely confusing to most other people reading it as it seems to have been for you but meh, I've been wrong before. In short, it wasn't a slight at you, was just using your comments in a positive context in a quote.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Mate wtf? Why are you acting like that all of a sudden? I was using your comments in quotes as an affront to that "brown nosed twit" (presumably Remi Aubuchon).

It seems a little daft that I have to unquote & explain my comments but here goes:-

Brown nosed twit - presumed to be Remi Aubuchon.

Which as I was saying, although perhaps wasn't being very specific, is that many of the pro-SGU trolls that come to sgusucks.com, do so & post in the very manner you state in the quote directly above this line (or if you want me to be more specific - the trolls come here & speak words for the sake of speaking words & not actually to convey a legitimate point). Hence I said "Sounds just like the trolls who come here".

The bolded part of this quote is the part I was pretty much referencing (or if you want me to be more specific) the part which says "oblivious to the crappiness". Many pro-SGU trolls who come here to sgusucks.com & try to big up SGU do so by putting down previous SG shows & other old sci fi shows but just seem oblivious to SGU's crappiness (almost as if they haven't seen it - ergo shills/hired e-muscle).

Anyhoo, I hope that clears it all up for you & I hope the intention & context of my original post wasn't as hugely confusing to most other people reading it as it seems to have been for you but meh, I've been wrong before. In short, it wasn't a slight at you, was just using your comments in a positive context in a quote.

The brevity of your post implied that I was a troll, that was my point. Normally I like brevity, but sometimes it can be confusing. The DVD's for Christmas was a good crack though, eh? :D

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

The brevity of your post implied that I was a troll, that was my point. Normally I like brevity, but sometimes it can be confusing. The DVD's for Christmas was a good crack though, eh? :D

You'll notice from my general conduct here that I don't mince words. If I suspect a person of being a troll then I'll come out & say it & my response is generally based on blatant troll behaviour in a post(s) the suspected troll has made & my accusation of trolling behaviour is usually in response to said post(s) - that has not been the case on this occasion.

Regardless of brevity, it's generally polite to ask for clarification in case of misunderstanding (which is what I normally do in such cases) rather than going into reactionary mode (which is what you did).

I didn't suspect you of being a troll at all but the fact that your response to my post made no sense (you are very articulate & eloquent normally) & that you didn't seem to be responding to reason made me suspect three things - a troll, a dick or a misunderstanding. I'm glad it was a misunderstanding & not a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Thanks for clearing that up for me mate.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
You'll notice from my general conduct here that I don't mince words. If I suspect a person of being a troll then I'll come out & say it & my response is generally based on blatant troll behaviour in a post(s) the suspected troll has made & my accusation of trolling behaviour is usually in response to said post(s) - that has not been the case on this occasion.

Regardless of brevity, it's generally polite to ask for clarification in case of misunderstanding (which is what I normally do in such cases) rather than going into reactionary mode (which is what you did).

I didn't suspect you of being a troll at all but the fact that your response to my post made no sense (you are very articulate & eloquent normally) & that you didn't seem to be responding to reason made me suspect three things - a troll, a dick or a misunderstanding. I'm glad it was a misunderstanding & not a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Thanks for clearing that up for me mate.

Are we having an Oprah moment? :D

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Are we having an Oprah moment? :D

Either that or an SGU moment. Next thing, we'll being having angry make-up sex in the sgusucks.com broom closet.......................... Overmind should definitely set up one of those here.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Either that or an SGU moment. Next thing, we'll being having angry make-up sex in the sgusucks.com broom closet.......................... Overmind should definitely set up one of those here.

After one of us becomes infected with a space spore while walking around in a Vancouver forest while the other one walks around a Vancouver rock quarry; looking for food...which we never find...but that doesn't matter because we magically are fed once on the ship and also we have state of the art medical equipment to help eleviate the problem from the deadly space spore. Funny how Destiny has angstly indie music piped thru the PA system every time one of us is cured from a deadly (and boring) alien encounter. At least the music signals that it's time for the broom closet sex to begin, like it or not. Can't I just sit in a shower, hugging my legs and crying for no good reason like everyone else does in dramatic situations?

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

After one of us becomes infected with a space spore while walking around in a Vancouver forest while the other one walks around a Vancouver rock quarry; looking for food...which we never find...but that doesn't matter because we magically are fed once on the ship and also we have state of the art medical equipment to help eleviate the problem from the deadly space spore.

Gotta love that magical survival kit.

Funny how Destiny has angstly indie music piped thru the PA system every time one of us is cured from a deadly (and boring) alien encounter. At least the music signals that it's time for the broom closet sex to begin, like it or not. Can't I just sit in a shower, hugging my legs and crying for no good reason like everyone else does in dramatic situations?

As long as it is part of a trendy, MTV music montage I'm sure it will happen at some point in the run of SGU.

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
Gotta love that magical survival kit.

As long as it is part of a trendy, MTV music montage I'm sure it will happen at some point in the run of SGU.

I hope if us watchers have to see you guys in the shower, you have a back,sack & crack wax.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I hope if us watchers have to see you guys in the shower, you have a back,sack & crack wax.

Moot point as the lighting on Destiny is so bad you won't be able to see much of anything.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

Oh my nemesis there are days that I just ADORE you! thank you thank you for that laugh! :rotflmao:

as to the interview....
Same shit different day.... and yes anyone can quote me on that! ;)

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
Oh my nemesis there are days that I just ADORE you! thank you thank you for that laugh! :rotflmao:

as to the interview....
Same shit different day.... and yes anyone can quote me on that! ;)

The wonderful thing about SGPoo its many different kinds of poo!

Sometimes its runny!
Sometimes its nutty!
Sometimes its practically water!
Sometime its hangs from the end of your ass, cos it wont fall in the toilet, cos its just clinging to your sphincter and it wont drop off, and so you shake your ass around and try to get it to drop of in the toilet and finally it doesssss

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
The wonderful thing about SGPoo its many different kinds of poo!

Sometimes its runny!
Sometimes its nutty!
Sometimes its practically water!
Sometime its hangs from the end of your ass, cos it wont fall in the toilet, cos its just clinging to your sphincter and it wont drop off, and so you shake your ass around and try to get it to drop of in the toilet and finally it doesssss

that's a dingle-berry! :laughing:

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
No, I would hate it.
I ripped my ankle ligaments a few years ago and had to be strapped up with a sticky bandage to stop it from moving around and doing more damage. The bitches at the hospital didn't shave my leg first.

When it was time for the bandage to come off I squealed more than McKay running away from a wraith and there was a huge bald spot where it had been.

Oh well another fantasy ruined ;)

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
It's not ruined if you are the sadist pulling the hairs out. ;)

You won't like me then, because I have my legs waxed, and pretty much anything lower than my chin is hairless. Whenever I get in the bath its like a non stick pan. Whoopie!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
No its a clinker :-)

Can you imagine the boys here getting ready for a B/S/c wax, man there would be tears. Although I suspect Piggy would like it :)
squealing with joy -- I agree!
No, I would hate it.
I ripped my ankle ligaments a few years ago and had to be strapped up with a sticky bandage to stop it from moving around and doing more damage. The bitches at the hospital didn't shave my leg first.

When it was time for the bandage to come off I squealed more than McKay running away from a wraith and there was a huge bald spot where it had been.
you lie...you know you got excited by it! ;)

You won't like me then, because I have my legs waxed, and pretty much anything lower than my chin is hairless. Whenever I get in the bath its like a non stick pan. Whoopie!
not even going to ask......

thanks for the laughs everyone! ;)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
@ A4L-- I always thought Michael was portrayed as if he was attracted to Teyla....he wanted HER...in more ways than one! ;) He would know a clone is only a cheap copy! :P

Off topic- anyone seen multiplicity? HILARIOUS cloning story!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I never really understood or believed Michael's motivations for his actions. Maybe it was because he started out as a very sympathetic character and the transition to villian just didn't work for me. They also dragged his storyline out for too long. I get that they like to have long term villians but he just didn't do it for me.