International Pillow Fight Day

Illiterati

Council Member & Author

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Spent some time today at Pershing Square, watching folks celebrate International Pillow Fight Day.

It has been going on for nearly an hour by the time I got there, and was still going full bore when I left.

I'm currently going through the picture collection for the best ones, which I'll post to my gallery (and here as well).

And here they are...

International Pillow Fight Day 2011 at Pershing Square in downtown Los Angeles.

:)

You've got a really good eye for photography.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
You've got a really good eye for photography.
Thank you. I wish I had discovered this a lot longer ago. It's funny what we sometimes find out about ourselves that we never knew before -- and we're supposed to know ourselves better than anyone else.

Go figure. LOL

Bluce Ree

Thank you. I wish I had discovered this a lot longer ago. It's funny what we sometimes find out about ourselves that we never knew before -- and we're supposed to know ourselves better than anyone else.

Go figure. LOL

As much as we like to think that, we often discover that we're bigger strangers to ourselves than to others who know us. :)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
As much as we like to think that, we often discover that we're bigger strangers to ourselves than to others who know us. :)
Fine, be logical, see if I care.

Anyhow, I just wish I had found this out about myself years ago. I had had an interest before digital cameras, but I just couldn't justify spending all that money for film, getting a roll of crappy shots (that I'd have to pay for to have developed) etc., etc...I'm fairly sure you understand. :P My pocketbook has never had much room for wild spending habits.

So being able to shoot digitally, being able to sort through a pile of photos to find the ones I liked and then use THOSE...and not having to fork out piles of cash in the process, really appealed to me. I was using strictly point and shoot until early last year, when I came into a lump sum of cash and finally decided to get my first DSLR -- which I promptly discovered is like a form of crack, in that they are instantly addictive and make you want to get more and more equipment for it.

Sigh.

Bluce Ree

Fine, be logical, see if I care.

Anyhow, I just wish I had found this out about myself years ago. I had had an interest before digital cameras, but I just couldn't justify spending all that money for film, getting a roll of crappy shots (that I'd have to pay for to have developed) etc., etc...I'm fairly sure you understand. :P My pocketbook has never had much room for wild spending habits.

So being able to shoot digitally, being able to sort through a pile of photos to find the ones I liked and then use THOSE...and not having to fork out piles of cash in the process, really appealed to me. I was using strictly point and shoot until early last year, when I came into a lump sum of cash and finally decided to get my first DSLR -- which I promptly discovered is like a form of crack, in that they are instantly addictive and make you want to get more and more equipment for it.

Sigh.

:icon_lol:

Between OMNI's art and your photography, this forum can see a little culture blossom beyond just posting raves and rants about television. There's already a real diversity of content happening.

Why not start a photography thread? I'd love to see what the range of your photographic abilities may yield.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
:icon_lol:

Between OMNI's art and your photography, this forum can see a little culture blossom beyond just posting raves and rants about television. There's already a real diversity of content happening.

Why not start a photography thread? I'd love to see what the range of your photographic abilities may yield.
Indeed, I have already :)

http://www.gatefans.net/forums/showthread.php/1897-So-I-m-a-Photography-Nut...

I've moved the Hobbies subforum to the Lounge area. It was with Introductions before. :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Did someone say pillow fight?
pillow.gif