Interesting!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I looked up this anime series just because its listed here. I LOVE THE MUSIC in the intro. Enough to see if they use that type of music as the soundtrack. The little bit of action I could see on YouTube has gotten me a bit curious about this show. Im not really an anime person, but I can deal with it if its not too cartoony.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD7NYdtPGts&feature=relmfu

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I first saw stuff on this at Anime Expo a few years ago, and asked my daughter about it.

The next thing I knew, I was watching it and loving it!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I first saw stuff on this at Anime Expo a few years ago, and asked my daughter about it.

The next thing I knew, I was watching it and loving it!

I missed a call from you! Anything juicy? Video? :) I was at dinner with a client. I found this series on Netflix, so I can catch up on it.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I got vid of the stunt guy taking a fall from the top of the Bank of America building at the corner of Grand and Wilshire. They started setting the shot up about 8 or 9am and it wasn't actually filmed until late in the afternoon. Go figure. :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I seriously don't get why you guys are so "anti-"cartoon", Some Anime series have some exceptionly good Scifi behind them (Ghost in the Shell being the most obvious "current" one).

JUST WATCH IT!!

(Sorry, I'm a big fan of stories and I don't really care how they are told, just that they are told)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I seriously don't get why you guys are so "anti-"cartoon", Some Anime series have some exceptionly good Scifi behind them (Ghost in the Shell being the most obvious "current" one).

JUST WATCH IT!!

(Sorry, I'm a big fan of stories and I don't really care how they are told, just that they are told)
I don't know where you got that I was "anti-cartoon".

I prefer fansubs because I like hearing what the actors sounded like when the program episode was made. It's the difference between Inuyasha sounding like a hard ass or sounding like a petulant schoolboy. That's the difference between the Japanese and English versions.

Much like (visually), what happened to the anime "One Piece" when FoxBox (aka "4Kids") got hold of it.

They digitally removed all weapons and replaced them with popguns and the like. At least one character's ever-present cigarette with its attendant stream of smoke was altered to instead be a candy cane. Edited out booze, cleavage and blood, and even performed a couple race changes on characters -- and, for some unfathomable reason, they edited rice balls to become sub sandwiches.

(I still haven't figured out how a rice ball could be offensive...)

They turned it from a show that people of all ages could watch into an unpalatable gruel consumable by no-one, and thus, it failed miserably.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

JUST WATCH IT!!

Im not anti-cartoon, but I do make a hard separation between cartoons/anime and actual live action and do not consider them equal. Cartoons can to anything, and you can even make a line drawn with a pencil a character. Also, the dialogue in cartoons seems so melodramatic. I dont like the big shiny eyes or the spiky hair they have in there either. But I like anime!

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
This is the worst anime I've seen, and I've seen quite a few by now. Senseless gore, ridiculous plot, typical harem setting. I'm sure there are fans out there though, with the gratuitous nudity and killing.