Interesting threads at GW

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
GF'76, you have started a great topic at GW! Asking about a concrete timeslot for SGU forces the people who have been claiming "Syfy screwed SGU with its programming" to actually discuss the issue instead of just throwing baseless accusations. And it's showing how their arguments really are thin...
Briangate was correct: Syfy tried everything it could to save SGU (except for sinking MORE money into the already red hole), but the show just didn't find its audience.

That's why members there like Mattsilver and KEK have tried to cut it short and disrupt the discussion. Being that it is on GW, I can predict to you what will happen to that thread: it will be derailed by the likes of those two, cleaned up due to nasty and snarky remarks (notice that they all come from the one and same direction) or closed for some other reason. The infractors, being the usual suspects (like the "unbannable" KEK/Jenks), won't even get a warning and that will be that.
Nice move though! :)

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Some screeshots of the said thread at GW

That's why members there like Mattsilver and KEK have tried to cut it short and disrupt the discussion. Being that it is on GW, I can predict to you what will happen to that thread: it will be derailed by the likes of those two, closed due to nasty and snarky remarks (notice that the ones on the receiving end such as Briangate have remained on topic and objective) or closed for some other reason. The infractors, being the usual suspects (like the "unbannable" KEK/Jenks), won't even get a warning and that will be that.
Nice move though! :)

First attempt to kill the discussion (don't try this at GW yourselves folks!):

Screen shot 2011-04-12 at 20.40.16.png

Now the kind of stuff that would normally get anyone in trouble on a forum, especially at GW, unless you have that "Get out of Jail free" card like KEK/Jenks or you brown-nose the site's institutional view that "SG1 and SGA sucked, but SGU was great".
Briangate, I'm sorry you have to put up with this... even during your vacation!!!

Screen shot 2011-04-12 at 20.39.26.png
Screen shot 2011-04-12 at 20.39.48.png

I will keep an eye on that thread for the coming "selective" moderation/cleanup ;)

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
...while on another thread RoX seems to be getting tired of GW and doing her best to get banned:

Screen shot 2011-04-12 at 21.42.37.png

RoX, if they do ban you like Sami_, you'll be very welcome to "relocate your reality" to a site that doesn't censor your posts if we don't agree with your criticism of a show! ;)

PS: as a matter of fact, you can just go ahead and post at GateFans what you REALLY want to tell them but can't at GW.

Tropicana

Council Member
KEK and MattSilver3K still being sore losers? Shocker there.

Once the final SGU episode is aired, maybe they will actually get a life.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
So, as expected:

View attachment 3900

And don't even recommend a crystal ball for me. This was waaaay too easy and predictable :icon_lol:

Well I've been trying to "police" the other thread myself so that doesn't happen to it as well. I've been toying with the idea of asking Sky to reopen the thread if I did the same thing there. Dunno if it's worth it though. :S

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Well I've been trying to "police" the other thread myself so that doesn't happen to it as well. I've been toying with the idea of asking Sky to reopen the thread if I did the same thing there. Dunno if it's worth it though. :S
Honestly? I don't think it is. :icon_neutral:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Maybe if u bought her dinner, she might consider your request. ;)
I dunno, I've never been "warned" or suspended over there and all my direct dealings with her have been really quite civil. I know others here have very legitamate reasons to be browned off with her, and yes it's hardly a shock that the thread was closed. I probably won't ask for it to be reopened, but I may continue the convo in the ratings thread as she said it should be fine to discuss there.

Briangate78

GateFans Noob
I don't know how you can put up with KEK, Gatefan. I told him to go "F" off because well he deserved it, but I just could not take it anymore. Is little "LOL" reply to me was nothing shocking from his usual routine.

The worse is now everyone is celebrating SGU's rise above 1 Million. BTW did you see that the Live+7 has fallen to 1.2 Million viewers? That is just sad, but people there just don't get it. If live viewers go down and time shifting viewers go up then it explains the dip, people time-shifted. When both the live and DVR goes down, people stopped watching. What is even more not getting through to people is that the DVR viewers are actually the more recurrent/fan viewers. When those numbers go down, well it basically implys people giving up on the show.

But you know what, I can explain it to the folks on GW, and they will never get it.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
I dunno, I've never been "warned" or suspended over there and all my direct dealings with her have been really quite civil. I know others here have very legitamate reasons to be browned off with her, and yes it's hardly a shock that the thread was closed. I probably won't ask for it to be reopened, but I may continue the convo in the ratings thread as she said it should be fine to discuss there.
If you really believe that, then you're in for a surprise. :lol:

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
I don't know how you can put up with KEK, Gatefan. I told him to go "F" off because well he deserved it, but I just could not take it anymore. Is little "LOL" reply to me was nothing shocking from his usual routine.

The worse is now everyone is celebrating SGU's rise above 1 Million. BTW did you see that the Live+7 has fallen to 1.2 Million viewers? That is just sad, but people there just don't get it. If live viewers go down and time shifting viewers go up then it explains the dip, people time-shifted. When both the live and DVR goes down, people stopped watching. What is even more not getting through to people is that the DVR viewers are actually the more recurrent/fan viewers. When those numbers go down, well it basically implys people giving up on the show.

But you know what, I can explain it to the folks on GW, and they will never get it.
I don't get it how GF'76 can put up with practically anybody at GW for that matter. I guess it's just his good and patient nature... :)

The people who 'get it' aren't there anymore. The ones left there like KEK and Matt don't WANT to get it. The human capacity for rationalizing is amazing. Most people don't believe what makes sense, they believe what they want to believe. And so to them SGU is great, Nielsen is wrong and Syfy put the show on the wrong timeslot - on purpose. :roll:

But look at the bright side of it: this time Skydiver didn't just delete dozens of your posts making the time and effort you put into them in vain.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
So, as expected:

View attachment 3900

And don't even recommend a crystal ball for me. This was waaaay too easy and predictable :icon_lol:

of course she didn't bother warn the ones who took it off topic did she? that "intentional shutting of threads punishment" was all bullshit! KEK and Matt get away with it every time, simple as that! :P

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I don't get it how GF'76 can put up with practically anybody at GW for that matter. I guess it's just his good and patient nature... :)

The people who 'get it' aren't there anymore. The ones left there like KEK and Matt don't WANT to get it. The human capacity for rationalizing is amazing. Most people don't believe what makes sense, they believe what they want to believe. And so to them SGU is great, Nielsen is wrong and Syfy put the show on the wrong timeslot - on purpose. :roll:

But look at the bright side of it: this time Skydiver didn't just delete dozens of your posts making the time and effort you put into them in vain.

Well in that one I only started the thread, thats all.

As to putting up with peeps on GW.
I really think alot of you guys miss the point that I don't actually hate SGU. I saw what it could do to Stargate and I felt compelled to "get online" and talk about it. I loathe that aspect to be sure, I dispair at the state of a franchise that I love and I'm mad as all hell about how it got to where it is and I detest the people who got it to where it is today. But at the end of the day, no one person on GW got SGU greenlit, and no one person here got it cancelled. Do they frustrate me to no end sometimes?, sure, but I'm just as sure I frustrate them as well :)

The way I think of it this. GW is still the largest and best known source for stargate news, and if the "rabid fans" are left unchallenged, then your "casual viewer" who jumps online will take thier word as gospel and there it will end. I'll "play nice" or "be diplomatic" or whatever is required in order to challenge those views, even when I have steam coming out of my ears, for one simple reason, I love Stargate and I don't want it to end like Star Trek did. :(

And, quite frankly, there are far, FAR worse people out there than the GW regulars.