I'm working on a children's book for Sanctuary...

Rocky89

GateFans Noob
I'm writing a book for young kids about the show, and I've hit a block. :p Does anyone have any cool ideas about what could be written for a kids book about Sanctuary? :)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I'm writing a book for young kids about the show, and I've hit a block. :p Does anyone have any cool ideas about what could be written for a kids book about Sanctuary? :)

You could make all the creatures lovable Muppets. :)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
how about the monster under the bed NOT being the "bad guy"?
Or "Biggie" being a kids "protector" kind of deal?

S

Stonelesscutter

Sounds like you hit that block before you even got started. ;)
What have you got so far?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Well, you need to take all the adult Abnormals out of the show except one or two to serve as "grown ups". Focus on a group of abnormal children, spec out their abilities and their personalities, and use the actual show as a guideline on style.

THX1138

GateFans Member

I'm sorry but you seem to be approaching this in an entirely wrong way. If you're writing a book it basically needs to be about your ideas or vision or passion not other people's ideas. Are you going to credit anyone who gives you ideas in your book?

Also before you start I'd suggest getting some help with the actual writing, I've seen an article or two of yours and honestly, you need a lot of constructive, objective help. I'm not saying don't write because you need to write a lot before you have a chance to be good but you also need to learn from your mistakes and your articles are full of them. BTW Ken is not someone I'd trust to get constructive criticism from, if he was any good at editing then your articles (and other WHR articles) would never have been published in the state that they have been.

Writing a book is a huge endeavour and I say go for it but just remember to learn how to crawl before you run.