Im very pissed this is not on Netflix.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have been reading these episode threads for a week or so, and I just ASSUMED they would all be on Netflix. I was wrong! They are on Hulu, however. I cant believe that Hulu+ actually has ads for the same $7.99/mo that Netflix has. But they have newer stuff from TV. Sorry Hulu+, but since you dont even OFFER an ad-free service at any price, I refuse to watch it...even on the free version. I will have to download the episodes I guess. :(

Red Mage

Boney
Any of the episodes I have posted here, I picked because they were available on MGM's YouTube channel for viewing. Besides an occasional ad before the episode starts, there are no commercials that interupt the episode like on hulu. I did that deliberately so that people who hate commercials might also join in and watch episodes.

It is a shame that this series is a bit elusive to watch. The last time I checked every episode is available on hulu but it's apparently not on Netflix and most of the DVD releases aren't readily available in the US since it was released in Canada. I do recommend you watch the series if you can because there are some great episodes. We need more people here to watch these besides Mr. A and I. I try not to post the duds I watched. I actually watched 4 episodes yesterday but didn't post Lithia because I found the episode reeking of feminism although that might make it a good one to post here for discussion though.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Any of the episodes I have posted here, I picked because they were available on MGM's YouTube channel for viewing. Besides an occasional ad before the episode starts, there are no commercials that interupt the episode like on hulu. I did that deliberately so that people who hate commercials might also join in and watch episodes.

It is a shame that this series is a bit elusive to watch. The last time I checked every episode is available on hulu but it's apparently not on Netflix and most of the DVD releases aren't readily available in the US since it was released in Canada. I do recommend you watch the series if you can because there are some great episodes. We need more people here to watch these besides Mr. A and I. I try not to post the duds I watched. I actually watched 4 episodes yesterday but didn't post Lithia because I found the episode reeking of feminism although that might make it a good one to post here for discussion though.

Ah, I see! Some of the episodes you have thoughtfully embedded right here at GateFans to watch! I actually used to watch this when I had cable, so Im no newbie to it or the original series way back when. OL 2.0 was on when I canceled my cable.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I am now also pissed at Netflix ,,, WTH is going on . I wanted to watch all of the Starship Troopers as they were all on during my free preview . Now they only have the second one . Not the other 2 . That just makes no sense to me at all . Yah I know 2 and 3 suck but I have never seen either so I was going to watch the first one first of course but then all I can find is #2 . :icon_question:

:icon_mad:And #2 is what I think of netflix.ca .:icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted:

G

Graybrew1

the us one is losing content too, does not have many of the movies for rewatches ever. :mad:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
As much as netflix, hulu etc may be the "wave of the future", this does not suprise me. look at comcast, don't they own NBC?, if so, why would they support online viewing when they probably make more money out of ads on the networks they own anyway?

G

Graybrew1

they are in a contract negotaition with Sony right now, and pulled all content until it is finished.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
what are they discussing?"give us the movies at a good price or we schmitt-can your PS3 network?" :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I am now also pissed at Netflix ,,, WTH is going on . I wanted to watch all of the Starship Troopers as they were all on during my free preview . Now they only have the second one . Not the other 2 . That just makes no sense to me at all . Yah I know 2 and 3 suck but I have never seen either so I was going to watch the first one first of course but then all I can find is #2 . :icon_question:

:icon_mad:And #2 is what I think of netflix.ca .:icon_twisted::icon_twisted::icon_twisted:

2 is the "political" one. None of the original actors are in it. 3 starts out great and stays okay until the last 30 minutes where it breaks down into straight up evangelistic Christianity complete with a "miracle moment" and full on Catholic prayers. :facepalm:. Of the 2, I would say that STr 2 is the least best.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
who owns netflix?

According to MSN Money, about 88% of Netflix is owned by institutional investors including Goldman Sachs, TCS Capital Management, Aronson + Johnson + Ortiz, etc. Its a venture sorta like Pixar in the back end.

G

Graybrew1

OM1 HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPP
I made a Poll and forgot to make it multiple choice, joelist voted on it. can you or another mod fix it for me and remove joelist vote so that he can re vote.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
2 is the "political" one. None of the original actors are in it. 3 starts out great and stays okay until the last 30 minutes where it breaks down into straight up evangelistic Christianity complete with a "miracle moment" and full on Catholic prayers. :facepalm:. Of the 2, I would say that STr 2 is the least best.

Actually I would say it breaks down into a caricature of Christianity. Which of course is a good reason to (as you have maintained before) leave this type of thing out altogether because it seems no one can do it without injecting their own feelings into it.

This of course is the problem with all of them - they bear no resemblance to the book. Verhoeven deliberately turned Heinlein's portrayal of a meritocracy on its head in the first film, and the others did not correct it.