I have seen a lot of dumb movies recently, but this one....

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
a thread for whatever is new and dumb for you

-------------------------------------------------------------
starters

A QUIET PLACE and AQP 2

stupid premise.. and, why with the aliens as monsters ?( i mean we see them coming down from space, so...) How is it an alien, who is naked and haas a body that is not very functional.. oh, and blind and can't smell.. capable of constructing ships capable of interstellar flight?

wait, you say? maybe these monsters are just the 'soldiers'? Well, with 2 films spanning a good chunk of timeline, i would think we'd see the actual aliens?

and all the other stuff... this guy sums it up well

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8tFTprgSMc

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
That's a good point. The films would be better if instead of being "aliens" the creatures were something else; like a mutation or something that overran the planet.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
That's a good point. The films would be better if instead of being "aliens" the creatures were something else; like a mutation or something that overran the planet.
in the 2nd film, when i saw the "meteor" and knowing already what they looked like, i was thinking maybe the meteor strikes woke up something "Asleep" in the earth.. but no,

i admit, i skipped around a bit, but i dont think they ever really quite said they are aliens or not, but it is heavily implied they are.. for part 3 i guess

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I don't really watch a lot of things anymore. Recently I watched all the MCU films again, but those aren't dumb or new. The ads for A Quiet Place never caught my interest, so I'll skip it.