Homeland

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Season 1 now on Showtime. Synopsis:

Centers on Marine Sergeant Nicholas Brody, who returns home eight years after going missing in Iraq, and Carrie Anderson, a driven (and possibly unstable) CIA officer who suspects he might be plotting an attack on America.

OK admittedly, I started watching this show because I heard Morena Baccarin appeared topless. :p :D

But I've watched the first 5 episodes now and the plot is actually pretty good.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
It's okay, and I've been watching it since it started.

I'm curious to see what happens with what promises to be an interesting conversation in Brody's car in the next episode.

...and it's already been picked up for a second season.

S

Stonelesscutter

Season 1 now on Showtime. Synopsis:

OK admittedly, I started watching this show because I heard Morena Baccarin appeared topless. :P :D

But I've watched the first 5 episodes now and the plot is actually pretty good.

So what about that topless appearing? Has it happened yet?

SciphonicStranger

SciphonicStranger

It's okay, and I've been watching it since it started.

I'm curious to see what happens with what promises to be an interesting conversation in Brody's car in the next episode.

...and it's already been picked up for a second season.

OK, I just caught episode 6 The Good Soldier and WTF! :eek:

This show just got much more interesting.

SciphonicStranger

I just caught the Achilles Heel episode and they threw in a funny reference to former congressman Anthony Weiner. The fictional politician involved in the sexting scandal was named "Dick Johnson". :lol:

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I like where things are going right now. I guess some people are upset about the Big Reveal, as they were expecting things to hang until at least the end of the season, but I'm glad they got it over with.

SciphonicStranger

I like where things are going right now. I guess some people are upset about the Big Reveal, as they were expecting things to hang until at least the end of the season, but I'm glad they got it over with.

I'm enjoying all of the twists and turns so far. :)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I'm enjoying all of the twists and turns so far. :)
I've been watching whatever I could that Damian Lewis (Brody) is in ever since his show "Life" was on the air. I'm glad that we'll have at least one more season of this very fine show.

I'm curious to see who will be ultimately be revealed to be the agency's "mole".

SciphonicStranger

I found this week's episode Crossfire a little disappointing. They made the main terrorist character look like a typical suburban family man. :facepalm:

And now it seems that they will be throwing Brody into politics. I may be checking out on this show soon. :(

We need more frontal nudity from Morena Baccarin ASAP... :redface: :lol:

SciphonicStranger

Tonight's episode Representative Brody was pretty good. Especially the interrogation of the arab diplomat. :p

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
I got turned off by the main character interacting with Brody so I stopped watching. Woman's in the intelligence business, and I fail to see how her actions reflect that.

SciphonicStranger

Just caught the 2nd episode of season 2. I don't know if they brought in new writers, but I thought the first two eps were fantastic.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I've pretty much burned out on this show, which is a shame, as I really like Damian Lewis.

That said, just because I like him doesn't mean I'll keep watching.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I've pretty much burned out on this show, which is a shame, as I really like Damian Lewis.

That said, just because I like him doesn't mean I'll keep watching.

You know, I've done that before -- burned out on a show, in fact, I tend to do that more and more the older I get. I remember really being into Six Feet Under at first and watched every episode and even tried to write some spec scripts of it (I was heavily into writing then) but then I just reached a point where I didn't care anymore. The characters never seemed to learn from their mistakes and/or cathartic moments, they just kept running into the same walls over and over and over and over. Plus, being an Alan Ball production, it was mind-numbingly stupid at times. I remember having an epiphany when I realized that Alan Ball is horribly over rated and incredibly tedious. That made giving up on the show sooooooo easy! That became my modus operandi more and more after that and, in a way, I'm grateful to Alan Ball for being a stupid twat because it has made my viewing choices so much more refined and pleasing.

And just in case I wasn't clear what I said was that Alan Ball sucks donkey balls and eats chicken sphincters for breakfast. :cat:

SciphonicStranger

Episode 3 had an odd shower scene. Oh well, at least I am caught up now. :)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Well, now that it's been long enough...

Speaking of things by Alan Ball...

While I was at our family reunion a couple weekends ago, imagine my surprise when I ran into Chris Bauer (Sheriff Andy Bellefleur of "True Blood") out by the swimming pool. He was nice enough to chat for a few minutes before heading out.

Sweet guy. He was having a bit of a vacation to celebrate his daughter's 11th birthday.

I wished him luck with the next season, as (I said) I thought that Ball had tied the show in knots, thinking it would not be renewed for another season. Mr Bauer is hoping for something along the lines of character development.