Haven Discussion Thread

G

Graybrew1

I'm sure the show runners would prefer the term "recycling" as opposed to "stealing". ;)

If there is no homage to the original show, I considering it stealing. If they had acknowledged in a wink wink nod way that it was then it would have been more acceptable and bettter IMO. It could have easily been done in Eureka, they could have made them into Farscape characters and said something like "this feels familiar".

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Not a freak about Haven but I'm glad it seems to be getting more interesting. I thought the 2nd season would blow chunks but it wasn't that bad really.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Not a freak about Haven but I'm glad it seems to be getting more interesting. I thought the 2nd season would blow chunks but it wasn't that bad really.

It's a decent show for SyFy. I'm glad it got renewed. :)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
bree-williamson-Haven-350x230.jpg

via press release:
SYFY’S HIT SERIES HAVEN CASTS BREE WILLIAMSON (Gossip Girl, One Life To Live)
NEW YORK – May 4, 2012 – Syfy’s hit series Haven will get a new resident when Bree Williamson (Gossip Girl, One Life To Live) joins the cast for season three as psychiatrist Dr. Claire Callahan.
In her new role, Dr. Callahan becomes a close friend and confidant to Audrey Parker (Emily Rose). She also uses her skills to help “profile” potential perpetrators and, as a psychiatrist, to help the troubled citizens of Haven deal with their afflictions.
Season three of Haven picks up immediately following the events of the gripping season two finale with Audrey having been brutally kidnapped; Nathan (Lucas Bryan) warned against pursuing a romantic relationship with Audrey; and Duke (Eric Balfour) seemingly engaged in a fight to the death with Nathan after he discovers his family lineage is to kill Haven citizens with troubles.
Haven, based on the novella The Colorado Kid from renowned author Stephen King, follows former FBI agent Audrey Parker, who becomes a cop in the small town of Haven, Maine, and soon discovers the town’s many secrets, which also hold the key to unlocking the mysteries of her lost past.
From leading independent studio Entertainment One (eOne), Haven is co-commissioned by Shaw Media in Canada and globally via Universal Networks International (UNI).
The creative team behind Haven includes executive producers John Morayniss (The Firm, Hell On Wheels) from eOne Television and David MacLeod (Legends of the Fall, The Ray Bradbury Theater) of Big Motion Pictures, who are joined by Lloyd Segan, Shawn Piller, Scott Shepherd (Stephen King’s The Dead Zone, Greek) of Piller/Segan/Shepherd and Matt McGuinness (Journeyman, Dark Blue) as well as Sam Ernst & Jim Dunn (Stephen King’s The Dead Zone), who also developed the series.
Haven is produced by Entertainment One and Big Motion Pictures in association with Piller/Segan/Shepherd and airs on Syfy in the U.S., Showcase in Canada and internationally on Universal Networks International’s channels. Entertainment One controls the worldwide distribution rights to the one-hour series and concluded a deal with Germany’s Tele München Group (TMG) for the television rights in Continental Europe.

SciphonicStranger

Well, we are 4 episodes into season 3 and it seems like this show has picked up some steam. I'm hopeful that they have an endgame for this series.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I need to catch up on so many shows. This one is one of them. Sucks when you don't have fast internet! I still have not gotten my landline internet yet since I just moved, but the phone tether allows me to come here and post. I would normally try to download the entire seasons and watch them after downloading them. That would take days on this tethered connection. :( I am hoping they have some of the seasons on Netflix. I notice several other series like Alphas on there which I have not seen.

SciphonicStranger

Tonight was the typical spooky Halloween episode. But they did seem to indicate that we will be getting into some Colorado Kid stuff in the near future. :cool:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Eric Balfour needs to get a hair cut and a shampoo. He looks like stinky hipster trash. :rolleye0014:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
He is a smuggler; how do you want him to look?

He was a smuggler in the first two seasons, Jim, and he looked far cleaner and way more hygienic than he does this season. Now if you've got a thing for stinky, greasy-haired hipster trash that's fine. I'm not here to hate on anyone for their preferences. We all got our kinks bro. I'm just saying the dude looks pretty foul for my tastes, that's all.

Oh -- and there was a HUGE continuity gaffe with the start of this season of Haven and Balfour's appearance. They even said in the premiere episode of this season that Audrey had only been missing several hours yet Duke didn't look anywhere near the same as he did when season 2 ended, which, as I've pointed out, was only a few hours of time in the story. So I guess "the Troubles" affect people differently, like by turning some of them into dirty, filthy, shite-laden hipster trash, go figure.

SciphonicStranger

They had a nice little time travel episode last night. :cool:

Although that line about those "future entries in the journal" made me scratch my head a little bit based upon the way it ended.

SciphonicStranger

I missed this somehow. Haven has been renewed for season 4.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/...n-with-13-new-episodes-626311/20121109syfy01/

NEW YORK - November 9, 2012 - Syfy's hit series Haven, the #1 cable program among Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54 in its Friday 10-11PM (ET/PT) time period (based on Live +7 data), will return for a fourth season of 13 new episodes in 2013, it was announced today by Mark Stern, President, Original Content, Syfy, and Co-Head, Original Content, Universal Cable Productions.

The current third season is Haven's best ever in Adults 25-54, averaging 1.2 million viewers, jumping five percent from season two (Live +7 data). Overall, season three of Haven is averaging 2.4 million total viewers and 942,000 Adults18-49. The September 21 season premiere attracted 2.8 million total viewers, a series record and up ten percent from the season two premiere.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Good catch! :beckett_new049:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
What do you guys think of the character Dwight Hendrickson?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I have no clue, as I do not watch the show.

My playbill is full enough as it is right now. LOL