Has anyone seen Ragged Isle?

mndbnks

GateFans Noob
It's a great web series. I watched it on YT and got hooked. I so hope the do another season. I can see this show on TV. I just don't know if I'd want it on SYFY. This show is actually shot in Maine. Just looking at Haven, it would change the tone/feel of the show.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
If it was on Siffy, you'd wonder how long it'd even stay on the air.

And...belatedly...welcome to the Monkey House!

G

Graybrew1

It's a great web series. I watched it on YT and got hooked. I so hope the do another season. I can see this show on TV. I just don't know if I'd want it on SYFY. This show is actually shot in Maine. Just looking at Haven, it would change the tone/feel of the show.
Do you like Haven and are saying this show is like that?

mndbnks

GateFans Noob
Oh I know they'd jack that show up! I also wouldn't want it on the CW. Not unless they could keep the tone/feel of the show and not change the show. LOL I always wonder what Haven would have been like if on the majors where it was originally intended. I don't mind cheap. I'm serious about that. I don't mind really cheap ish. LOL A show doesn't have to have lavish sets, back lots etc., but it does need a good story. If a series was a cheap as Blake's 7 was with cheap sets, outside locations shot on a soundstage ala Star Trek. LOL, props made out of cardboard (even a kids TV show had a segment that showed kids how to make the teleport bracelets. It turned out that's exactly how the actual props were made.) $50 for special effects per episode (that was how much it actually was)

Thanks for the welcome. I"m so glad I found this site.

The show is more inspired by Dark Shadows, but without the vampire, werewolves etc. Haven's okay. I don't hate it, but it's one of those shows that I won't be upset if I miss an ep. Or I don't just have to tune in every week. Now as for Pioneer One I usually can't wait until the next episode.

raggedisle

GateFans Noob
Hey there! I'm Barry Dodd, the director of the web series Ragged Isle. I happened to notice the Ragged thread and thought I'd pop my head in and say hi. Thanks mndbnks for checking us out and sharing with the folks at gate fans.net! Season 2 will be coming out in May. Season 3 comes out later this year.

Barry Dodd
www.raggedisle.com

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Hi Barry! Welcome to GateFans!

:welcomewagon:

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Hey there! I'm Barry Dodd, the director of the web series Ragged Isle. I happened to notice the Ragged thread and thought I'd pop my head in and say hi. Thanks mndbnks for checking us out and sharing with the folks at gate fans.net! Season 2 will be coming out in May. Season 3 comes out later this year.

Barry Dodd
www.raggedisle.com

Welcome! :)

Are the Ragged Isle episodes available on your web site? I can't seem to get them to play. :(

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Welcome to the Monkey House, Barry! It's a pleasure to meet you!

I suppose, since you're in the "entertainment" industry, rather than wishing you luck, I should wish you broken limbs!!

May you break both legs!!! :D

raggedisle

GateFans Noob
For anyone still interested in checking us out we are officially relaunching season one on February 1st over at the SFN. Check out our trailer and see if it's something you might like to get into. We're very influenced by Twin Peaks, X-Files and Dark Shadows. Not exactly SG but still pretty cool genre shows. Give us a shot, you might like it!

G

Graybrew1

For anyone still interested in checking us out we are officially relaunching season one on February 1st over at the SFN. Check out our trailer and see if it's something you might like to get into. We're very influenced by Twin Peaks, X-Files and Dark Shadows. Not exactly SG but still pretty cool genre shows. Give us a shot, you might like it!
SFN????

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Well, this board is about a lot more than Stargate, my friend, so no worries there.

I look forward to the relaunch. Keep us posted. We're a bunch of nosyparkers. ;)

raggedisle

GateFans Noob
Today (Wednesday Feb. 1) we relaunch over at the SFN. www.sfntv.com Episode one goes live 6PMpt/9PMet If you check it out, leave a comment below the episode. I hope you enjoy the show!

BD

mndbnks

GateFans Noob
It's been a while since I posted. Great you found the site. Ragged Isle is mos def a series I would love to see on TV. Seriously. I'm planning on doing a production. The problem is I can't decide whether to do a web series or short film. How long did it take for development/pre-production, production etc.