Happy Thanksgiving!
--- merged: Nov 26, 2013 at 9:14 PM ---
Hope everyone has a nice holiday! Just had to share this one:
lol78_zps81e0ad0c.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Last edited by a moderator:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Been doing prep cooking all day today (in between everything else). Have to make Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow (yes, a day early) and then see other folks on T-day. Surprisingly I'm not as stressed this year (yet) so fingers crossed everything remains tepid and calm.

Of course Mom mentioned that she wanted "that cranberry cake you made that one time" and I had to scramble to find the recipe again. It's been a few years and I only made it once before because I had a bag of cranberries on hand (God knows why) and I was put on dessert detail that year so, a man with a hammer, yadda yadda. Quite honestly I never expected to make this recipe again and didn't even remember I had made it to begin with. Spent more time searching for the recipe online than I wanted to but that was because it's misnamed as recipes go. It's called "Nantucket Cranberry pie" but it's really a cake. Managed to find a reasonable facsimile of it online but then found a printed copy at the back of my recipe binder (replete with protective cover). Who knew I was clever enough to save that one?

Mom also reminded me that I said I'd maybe make her a "nut tart". The "maybe" in her sentence meant that I would make her a nut tart. So, I'll be cranking one out tomorrow replete with walnuts, almonds and hazelnuts. The pumpkin pie is already covered and so is apple.

As I turned the light off in my kitchen tonight I realized I had everything checked off my "to do" list. It's an odd feeling as I felt there should be more to worry about, but maybe I'm just getting old and now realize that stressing out just isn't worth it. Then again, it never is. ;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
FISH BOIL!!!!!