Great Upcoming (and wildly unexpected) Photo Opportunity...

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I just found out that I'm going to Hawaii in three weeks and staying at a five star resort, all expenses paid, including a rental car. Of course the cameras and lenses will be coming along to play, too. Right now I'm doing all the preliminary stuff to be able to take my service dog with me. Wee.Can't wait to share the results of my photography.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
My daughter was at a meeting with her boss to discuss performance reviews of the other employees. It hasn't been pretty.Her boss said, "well, we need to keep an eye on so and so... Oh, and **** you're going to be in Hawaii around the 10th of this next month, all expenses paid at a five star resort. Your Mom, too."I guess my daughter got a great performance review. ;)He bought the tix and sent my kid the confirmation email about five hours later, after getting my ticketing information.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
You Suck!!! :(
(but I still wubs you Illiterati :) )

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
oh lucky you! have a wonderful trip and get us plenty of purty pix please.
smsmileys29.gif

G

Graybrew1

My daughter was at a meeting with her boss to discuss performance reviews of the other employees. It hasn't been pretty.Her boss said, "well, we need to keep an eye on so and so... Oh, and **** you're going to be in Hawaii around the 10th of this next month, all expenses paid at a five star resort. Your Mom, too."I guess my daughter got a great performance review. ;)He bought the tix and sent my kid the confirmation email about five hours later, after getting my ticketing information.

Sounds Awesome!!!
I hope you have a blast.

Can't wait to see what a real photographer can do on Vacation in Hawaii. :D
My vacation pics are usually pretty scary. LOL.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I'm going to mess around with the in's and out's of HDR photography and see what I can do with that, too. :)

It can create some absolutely awesome shots. I'm really hoping we get a room that faces the sunrise/sunset, as our room comes with a private lanei, so I can set up my tripd and have a pile of fun with it :)

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
I'm going to mess around with the in's and out's of HDR photography and see what I can do with that, too. :)

It can create some absolutely awesome shots. I'm really hoping we get a room that faces the sunrise/sunset, as our room comes with a private lanei, so I can set up my tripd and have a pile of fun with it :)
please do some panoramas :)
and have a nice trip!

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I've been there a few times and absolutely LOVED it. Have fun!

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Going to a lovely place called the Turtle Bay resort.

GAWD but it's gorgeous (at least in their promotional photos LOL)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
envy...envy... ENVY!!!! with winter starting here I am ENVIOUS!!! oh lucky you. :P :D

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Have a great trip! Bring back some pineapple for us. :D

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Finally got all my preparations taken care of to bring my service dog with me.

It would have gone smoothly, if the vet's office had done what they were supposed to do in the first place. Thank gawd that I checked up on things last Wednesday. It necessitated a crapload of phone calls, some driving back and forth, a couple faxes and demanding of a refund.

But at least it's resolved at this point. Just those preparations were exhausting. I am SO looking forward to my first real vacation in quite literally YEARS now. We leave first thing Friday morning, but I'll have my laptop, smartphone (they have Verizon service all around the islands, it appears), etc., so I'll be appropriately geeked up. ;)

S

Stonelesscutter

Enjoy your trip. :)
I haven't been on a real vacation for about 8 years now so I know what that's like.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Life's been too crazy for us during the last several years. As it is, the only reason we even HAVE this vacation is that my daughter's boss decided to set it up and pay for the whole thing.

Funny, because he's stereotypically cheap. (and admits to it, so I'm not stepping on toes here).