Great amateur scifi film shorts on YouTube (not fan films)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Lately, in the search for good science fiction outside of the increasingly corporate made "scifi" stuff they are coming out with, I have been searching YouTube. There, you will find actual artists making scifi films for free, and because they love what they are doing. That used to be the core of most of the favorite scifi series we all loved to watch.

This thread should have scifi short films which are not fan films of existing series or films. Please, embed only one per post, as sometime they are removed from YouTube for infringement on other artists. Besides being fun to watch, it's fun finding them too. Entries start after this post. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This one is called "Closer"

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This is called "Planet Unknown". Awesome CGI!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This one is interesting, but it leaves you with questions, which is one of the ways to create cliffhangers. This one is like that. Its called "Traveler".

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This is really interesting. "Rakka"

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I could not look at those things in Rakka ... man that was super creepy gross aliens . Sigourney Weaver as usual is bloody awesome ,,,
Nice find
;)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Wow . You can spend hrs watching this stuff . Bloody amazing works . Thanks OM1 for the idea ...

;)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
This is really interesting. "Rakka"

There's a separate thread for this somewhere around here which was created by @heisenberg a couple (4?) months ago. This studio definitely does good work. He also posted a couple of other works from this studio in the same period I believe.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
There's a separate thread for this somewhere around here which was created by @heisenberg a couple (4?) months ago. This studio definitely does good work. He also posted a couple of other works from this studio in the same period I believe.

If you find it, please post the link. I will merge them. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wow . You can spend hrs watching this stuff . Bloody amazing works . Thanks OM1 for the idea ...

;)

Turns out the props go to heisenberg/singularity. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
CXL...this was deep!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Gamma...again by Dust. These people have TONS of great scifi. Watch while you can, because I am sure some commercial studio is going to buy Dust.