Gravity....OMG DULL!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
We finally watched Gravity this past weekend- omg was that movie dull and heckle worthy! It was full of really BAAAAAAAAD scince - everything from engineering to medical science. :daniel01: The acting was horrible - Clooney can't act anyway, but Bullock is usually worth watching. It had excellent special FX - but there was NO PLOT! It was directed by the same asshole who did the 3rd harry potter (and ruined it) the man is into special FX and thinks that is better than a plot! It was just HORRIBLE! 2001: A Space Odyssey was actually better than Gravity - it had a plot which gravity lacks! so don't spend money on it - ( we didn't thank heavens for libraries! ;) ) and watch it KNOWING it is a stupid scifi! It is worthy of SYFY channel! :P

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
We finally watched Gravity this past weekend- omg was that movie dull and heckle worthy! It was full of really BAAAAAAAAD science - everything from engineering to medical science. :daniel01: The acting was horrible - Clooney can't act anyway, but Bullock is usally worth watching. It had excellent special FX - but there was NO PLOT! It was directed by the same asshole who did the 3rd harry potter (and ruined) the man is into special FX and thinks that is better than a plot! It was just HORRIBLE! 2001: A Space Odyssey was actually better than Gravity - it had a plot which gravity lacks! so don't spend money on it - ( we didn't thank heavens for libraries! ;) ) and watch it KNOWING it is a stupid scifi! It is worthy of SYFY channel! :P

I have to agree with you here. The special effects were absolutely awesome, and I think this film is going for an Oscar in that area...but the film really SUCKS! It got a lot of good reviews, but I was not impressed at all. I was like...wtf? It wasnt all that. I was bored about 40 minutes into the thing, and stayed bored. There were a few good moments, but not many. :)

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
We finally watched Gravity this past weekend- omg was that movie dull and heckle worthy! It was full of really BAAAAAAAAD scince - everything from engineering to medical science. :daniel01: The acting was horrible - Clooney can't act anyway, but Bullock is usually worth watching. It had excellent special FX - but there was NO PLOT! It was directed by the same asshole who did the 3rd harry potter (and ruined it) the man is into special FX and thinks that is better than a plot! It was just HORRIBLE! 2001: A Space Odyssey was actually better than Gravity - it had a plot which gravity lacks! so don't spend money on it - ( we didn't thank heavens for libraries! ;) ) and watch it KNOWING it is a stupid scifi! It is worthy of SYFY channel! :P

I have to disagree with you there. The third Harry Potter film was in my opinion the best adaption out of them all. The first two were too geared towards kids (granted, the first two books were as well) while the third managed to give the films a more mature tone, keeping in line with how the characters were growing up and still being more faithful to the books than any of the rushjobs that followed. Seriously, the fifth book was by far the longest book in the series but the fifth film ended up the shortest of the adaptions, excluding Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 which was only an adaption of half a book.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have to disagree with you there. The third Harry Potter film was in my opinion the best adaption out of them all. The first two were too geared towards kids (granted, the first two books were as well) while the third managed to give the films a more mature tone, keeping in line with how the characters were growing up and still being more faithful to the books than any of the rushjobs that followed. Seriously, the fifth book was by far the longest book in the series but the fifth film ended up the shortest of the adaptions, excluding Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 which was only an adaption of half a book.

I agree with you on Harry Potter 3. :) But have you seen Gravity yet?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

#1. Sandra Bullock has the acting range (and appeal) of a leaking colostomy bag. She's annoying and horribly overrated. It's a shame she divorced Jesse James before he could choke her out in a drug-fueled rage, but we can always hope for a reconciliation.

#2. Again with the filthy language. Must be an LDS thing. ;)

#3. I don't recall much about the third Harry Potter flick, but I do recall that I found the fourth one really poorly done, at least in my estimation. It seemed to lack that certain quality that the other movies had.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Yup . It was pure crap crap crap . Nominated for Oscar !!! WTF ,,,. Did it win something ? can't and don't want to remember . I could not stand anything in this movie and watchin bullock talking to herself was freekin annoying . I was laughing when clooney spuded out !!! HA HA !!!

haha.jpg

Last edited:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
ESA & OM1-- if you had READ the third harry potter you would understand why I dislike the movie so much. actually that was the only movie where JK Rowling had given up much of her creative control-- she snapped it back into her hands after that movie. The movie is a pale shadow of the book- it ignored the most important part- the midnight mauraders. :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
ESA & OM1-- if you had READ the third harry potter you would understand why I dislike the movie so much. actually that was the only movie where JK Rowling had given up much of her creative control-- she snapped it back into her hands after that movie. The movie is a pale shadow of the book- it ignored the most important part- the midnight mauraders. :D

I admit, I did not read the book. :). Is it as bad as they butchered The Hobbit?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
WORSE!!!! the book is focused on Harry learning more about his father and father's friends, the antipathy James& sirus have for Snape, hints at exactly WHY snape hates harry & his father so much, etc... the movie was just bleh and annoyingly simplisitic.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede

I've read the books cover to cover more times than I can count, but I still consider the third movie the best adaption. Yes, I definitely missed the marauders (midnight?) in the film but when compared to the other movie adaptions I still rank it higher. It's certainly not alone in cutting a lot of important subplots. (I'm looking at you films 4-6!)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
we'll agree to disagree...I just dislike the 3rd movie with a passion!

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Guess I'm the only one that liked Gravity. I liked the way it was presented. I really liked the way they did the debris field instead of them disintegrating magically through some explosion. Just the way they sorta presented space mechanics was interesting.

This as opposed to the clean cut spacewalks that you see in most sci-fi. Oh magnetic boots, bam, we're good to go. Out of control? No problem, computer guided propulsion will just adjust heading. It's all too clean. It's much harder to visually present real space mechanics without magical devices that do everything for you. One of my favourite shots from SGA was when Atlantis was in space and they had to go to another side but had to jump across, best vid I could find, forgive the stupid song, at around 2:30 mark:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
we'll agree to disagree...I just dislike the 3rd movie with a passion!

Sadly I found them all irritating . I can't explain why . I just was annoyed when the entire plot was solved in mere minutes at the end of each movie . The special effects were great though and I was really hoping for more scenes with Snape . Snape was the best character :) :) :) .
Also when Richard Harris passed away and the replacement came in , I stopped watching . Richard Harris spoke slowly and wisely, methodically and the replacement sounded like he was on steroids he spoke so quickly . Did he not watch the previous movies ???

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Guess I'm the only one that liked Gravity. I liked the way it was presented. I really liked the way they did the debris field instead of them disintegrating magically through some explosion. Just the way they sorta presented space mechanics was interesting.

This as opposed to the clean cut spacewalks that you see in most sci-fi. Oh magnetic boots, bam, we're good to go. Out of control? No problem, computer guided propulsion will just adjust heading. It's all too clean. It's much harder to visually present real space mechanics without magical devices that do everything for you. One of my favourite shots from SGA was when Atlantis was in space and they had to go to another side but had to jump across, best vid I could find, forgive the stupid song, at around 2:30 mark:

Your right . They did an amazing job of making it look real but man oh man ,,,what a snore fest after all the poop flew all over the place . Of course being a man , I did like her walking on earth in her little space undies :) :) :) Cute buns Sandra . Also I only liked her in that beauty pageant movie which was quite funny .

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Yep, but I think we can agree that the movies don't hold a candle to the books!
agree 100% about books & movies in general. the only movie BETTER than a book was the hunt for red october...clancy's books are full of technojargon that is stupifyingly dull! ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
agree 100% about books & movies in general. the only movie BETTER than a book was the hunt for red october...clancy's books are full of technojargon that is stupifyingly dull! ;)

Have you read the original Planet of the Apes books? The movies were WAY better than the books. Believe it or not, the Tim Burton version had a lot in common with the book. I have not read any of the Harry Potter books, only seen the movies. :)

How the hell could you do a good book on Gravity? :facepalm:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Have you read the original Planet of the Apes books? The movies were WAY better than the books. Believe it or not, the Tim Burton version had a lot in common with the book. I have not read any of the Harry Potter books, only seen the movies. :)

How the hell could you do a good book on Gravity? :facepalm:

Space Station having been struck by a rogue satellite , bits just flew all over the place and both astronauts shrugged there shoulders and sucked back some vodka from tubes in there space suits and agreed today was a good day to die . The End

:) :) :)