Gourmet Delights for all of us vets!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Did you get to enjoy either of these OM? How about YJ?

Despite being in the wrong service I got to do the 5 fingers because we lost a bet to Army. Losers had to eat the 5 fingers winners got a bottle of real Jameson's. Stupidest thing in my life I ever participated in as even split up that was an expensive bottle and the 5 fingers was like eating an oat muffin soaked in saltwater...

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Did you get to enjoy either of these OM? How about YJ?

Despite being in the wrong service I got to do the 5 fingers because we lost a bet to Army. Losers had to eat the 5 fingers winners got a bottle of real Jameson's. Stupidest thing in my life I ever participated in as even split up that was an expensive bottle and the 5 fingers was like eating an oat muffin soaked in saltwater...
No, we had C-Rations and K-Rations, before the MRE replaced them. They looked like this:

1622789254897.png
1622789392400.png

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Ah! My tour ended right when the MREs were taking over. Hence an MRE being the subject of a bet (and a stupid bet, on English soccer of all things)...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ah! My tour ended right when the MREs were taking over. Hence an MRE being the subject of a bet (and a stupid bet, on English soccer of all things)...
We would trade them! If you could get the peanut butter tin and get a chocolate disk (those came with crackers, strangely), you had something very close to a Reese's Cup! But the peanut butter was not sweet and was natural so you had to stir it. The K-rations even had cigarettes in them!