GOTHAM, seasons 1 to 5

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I liked this show in the beginning but grew tired of it about midway through the season, although I did continue to watch. One of the few things that interests me now is where they're taking the Barbara Kean character. Surely the woman we saw last night is not going to end up being the mother of Bat Girl.

first i tried my memory of the original series of female villains and didn't get who she may be--the only one I could of was the Cleopatra like villain

then i did a web search and just get the comic book versions of her as Gordon's first wife-not a role she fills here

guess they'll just make her into a new villain-maybe a collage of several old ones?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I got a little tired of the Fish in captivity eps--but over all, I find the show pretty enjoyable

curious to see what pops was doing in the basement (bat cave?) though

and I am pretty sure that Alfred did the hit on the Waynes-perhaps ordered by someone in WAYNE enterprises?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
GOTHAM Final season (number 5) premieres Jan 3rd

I know many of you do not like it, preferring the more 'comic' type versions of batman and his associated characters

GOTHAM though has come a long way from s1 with character development and story lines. Just when you think they had intro'd a character where you thought you knew for sure who they were and what they would do (based on BATMAN "canon") they changed it up and kept the fans hanging out for more.

Now, it has been announced that this will be the intro to THE DARK KNIGHT trilogy

I don't know if that is "official" but it is being advertised that way, so I don't think FOX would be making those claims if it were not so.

I have been saying from S1 that the tone, plot and character performances are very much in keeping with that of THE DARK KNIGHT series of films with a 'rewrite' of sorts for Bruce's overseas sojourn when he was trained as well as his relationship with Ra's al Gul.

It definitely does not support the stupid Affleck BAT or any of the old films from the 80's and 90's (although the girl in GOTHAM who plays Serena Kyle/ catwoman, is a pretty good match for a young Michelle Pfeifer)

hey though, I am no longer in the business of 'defending' what I like or trying to make any hard pitches for why someone should watch anything. I'll just say that now that it is coming to it's end and after watching all prev 4 seasons, GOTHAM is, at the least, a show worthy of a good binge when your other favorites are out of season.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
a pretty decent end. a little short in matching the same level of entertainment that the rest of the series had.

a very good 5 seasons though

i wonder if FOX is entertaining moving forward with the same characters/actors in a future series; some talk of a catwoman show with the same actress (the new one who played the older catwoman in the finale)

but they kind of boxed themselves in timeline wise when they basically announced that GOTHAM was a kind of soft prequel to the Nolan DARK KNIGHT films

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/gotham-series-finale-explained-1204558