Google Pixel 5 - a decent video and photo alternative to DSLR!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Ok, so over the past year during a lockdown, I have really gotten into video production. Taking online classes, buying equipment, and I really wanted to avoid jumping into the DSLR pool because it's a walled garden much like the GoPro and Apple gardens. It is dominated by Sony. Whatever the reasons, they charge thousands of dollars for fancy lenses and give you tons of features you might not ever use. I wanted an image-stabilized 4k @ 60fps, with the capability of doing slomo at 120 (1080p). Guess what, the Google Pixel does all that. Plus, it has the best night/low light video capabilities in the cellphone video sphere. I have not received mine yet, but I did use a friend's phone on my gimbal to test it. I will update you when I get it.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
My phone has 4K at 60fps and 1080p at 120 and 240 fps. All stabilized.

Yes its Apple because in my arena of work Android is not offered because Google is considered a major security risk.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
My phone has 4K at 60fps and 1080p at 120 and 240 fps. All stabilized.

Yes its Apple because in my arena of work Android is not offered because Google is considered a major security risk.
LOL, at my company it's the exact opposite. :icon_lol: InTune cannot properly create a managed work profile on Apple devices so users are only allowed to set up email on them and the Okta authenticator app. None of our web apps work with Safari, and Okta Verify cannot be used to authenticate anything using Apple Mail. Only Android phones are issued to employees for official business, but they may request iPhones with limitations.

I came here to update this, since I have discovered that for just a bit more, I could get a Samsung S21 Ultra which does video at 8K (24fps), and 4K 120fps. 4K slomo! I canceled the Pixel and ordered the Samsung about an hour ago. The specs speak for themselves.

1621852428802.png

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
SCRATCH THAT! I am back to the Pixel 5. I went out to compare them in a phone store and I like the Pixel better and the price point is much lower. The Samsung was cool, but most of the features they are selling me I don't need. My Pixel 5 arrives on the 27th.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Let us know how it works!