Gemini Awards Canada

MetalFoldingChair

GateFans Noob
Because, as we all know, Stargate Galactica is what the fans REALLY wanted.

The guy who played Gaius Baltar (once again with the last names!) ended up playing the character humorously known as "Dr OldSpice" on Eureka.

I only knew that because a friend of mine watched BSG.

James Callis was great as Baltar in BSG, namely in season 1. The show got dumb as it went on, but the beginning of it was good stuff. I thought he phoned it in in Eureka.

And yes, TPTB have been so obvious of their thievery of other people's works that it is sickening. To call SGU derivative is a kindness it doesn't deserve. They cannibalized BSG and so many other shows and didn't even have the decency (or talent) to hide what they did. Shit, everything from characters to shaky cameras to bad sex, all of it was snatched from BSG. Even vultures have more dignity when they pick the meat off a carcass than TPTB for SGU do, those sub-human turds!

Tropicana

Council Member
Well that was money well spent eh?

Forked out a bit to nominate themselves in 9 categories and only 1 came to fruition - Robert Carlyle.

Hyndara

GateFans Noob
Mh, it's interesting to read this discussion about Carlyle. Especially because I did not know him before this disaster called SGU. To be serious I know what characters he played before but I never found the time to watch any of this movies and especially the theme of one or two is not for my interest. I only saw him in a TV-movie but after I have seen him as Rush. And for that ... no, to see him in the first time as Rush isn't the best source if you want to watch him in other roles. All the time over I wished so hard he would die, shame on me.

I think Carlyle did not really well by accepting the Rush-character. Maybe I'm a extreme example but I don't think Rush will help Carlyle at least.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob

SerenityS

GateFans Member

MetalFoldingChair

GateFans Noob
I don't get the Hitler comment. Can anyone edify me?

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
I think he played Hitler in a movie

I don't get the Hitler comment. Can anyone edify me?

I think he played Hitler in a movie, and critics thought he did a very good acting job. I haven't seen it, tho, so I wouldn't know.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
I did see the "Hitler: Rise of Evil..", and imho, Carlyle was quite brilliant in it.

:ditto: I was looking forward to him being a major actor in the new Stargate series. But as we know now, Charlton Heston couldn't breath life into this frozen turd.