GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
tumblr_lpue0rTQAd1qfthago1_500.png

heisenberg

Earl Grey
LAME, but not surprised...
I'll say this, it's not just science fiction that's lacking on TV these days; it's quality humour too. These days, no writer out there wants to make people laugh. Instead you have writers writing shows like "modern family" which fall under that unfunny pile and hiring actors that can't act or actors that don't look natural.

It's not that there isn't content out there. It's just that people are hiring the wrong people to tell a story.

I don't know about the rest of the people on this forum but that's how I feel. Unfortunately, I still haven't found a show that has that stargate light-hearted humour.

Wish we could have show we could have shows like malcolm in the middle, fraiser or seinfeld back.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:joemalllozzi02:

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
LAME, but not surprised...
I'll say this, it's not just science fiction that's lacking on TV these days; it's quality humour too. These days, no writer out there wants to make people laugh. Instead you have writers writing shows like "modern family" which fall under that unfunny pile and hiring actors that can't act or actors that don't look natural.

It's not that there isn't content out there. It's just that people are hiring the wrong people to tell a story.

I don't know about the rest of the people on this forum but that's how I feel. Unfortunately, I still haven't found a show that has that stargate light-hearted humour.

Wish we could have show we could have shows like malcolm in the middle, fraiser or seinfeld back.
seriously? you have awful taste in humor just awful.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
seriously? you have awful taste in humor just awful.
What's your definition of "humour" then? Frasier,seinfeld and the older simpsons all fall under the smart witty,observational humour. Malcolm in the middle falls under the silly but enjoyable sitcom category.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
What's your definition of "humour" then? Frasier,seinfeld and the older simpsons all fall under the smart witty,observational humour. Malcolm in the middle falls under the silly but enjoyable sitcom category.

Ignore the humorless Swede, after all, he lives in a world that doesn't see the sun for 11 months out of the year. ;)

You were spot on in your assessment of humor today, especially compared to the examples you listed. Those shows are all classics of great humor, including Malcolm. I really can't think of anything currently running that really makes me laugh; that's a definite "must see" every week for me. Without a doubt there's a dearth of shows with genuinely good humor running thru them. :moody:

*BTW -- if we're talking straight out comedy I've recently seen this show called Legit which features a fave stand-up comedian of mine, Jim Jeffries. He's great on stage but his schtick doesn't translate that well to a "sit-com" type show. Every episode I've seen is tonally flat and just dumb. The writing is weak and so is the direction. Such a shame to discover this guy is a one-note jokester. :(