Free Scotland!?!??!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I wonder if Rac and Jim (and perhaps Yongjin) realize that their views are now represented by the political FRINGE rather than the mainstream? If you are Tea Party, you are fringe. If you are right wing, you are fringe. If you are a prepper, in a militia, or a multiple gun owner, you are fringe. And if you live in a rural area, you are LITERALLY on the fringe.

Dude really? If you want to try and draw me in on this you'll need bigger fish hooks :icon_lol:

It should be fairly apparent-short of a face to face meeting with you-that between you and me there would not be enough of a difference to be-as we say in Psych stats, "statistically significant"

lets see-multiple times I have said/indicated that I am/believe in:

anti organized religion

anti US as World Cop/ Mercenary/doctor/ disaster first responder- and so much more

against globalism-particularly the "flavor" imposed by governments-if you or I want to buy something from another country, fine, but be willing to pay the higher price and possible import taxes

against the "make believe its money" fiat money system.

against acting in a discriminatory manner to anyone (here you are actually more "tea-ish" then me with your "dangerous :icon_e_surprised:) attitudes towards American Muslims
keep ones prejudices in your central nervous system!

anti blatant "i want to own every firearm I can just because I can" kooks that have freed themselves from their tethers

and
most importantly

we both like UNDER THE DOME :icon_e_ugeek:

Well I guess you want to be on the geographical fringe as you have typed several times that you wish you could live like I did; free to grow my own food,etc,etc

welcome to the fringe :topsy_turvy:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Dude really? If you want to try and draw me in on this you'll need bigger fish hooks :icon_lol:

It should be fairly apparent-short of a face to face meeting with you-that between you and me there would not be enough of a difference to be-as we say in Psych stats, "statistically significant"

lets see-multiple times I have said/indicated that I am/believe in:

anti organized religion

anti US as World Cop/ Mercenary/doctor/ disaster first responder- and so much more

against globalism-particularly the "flavor" imposed by governments-if you or I want to buy something from another country, fine, but be willing to pay the higher price and possible import taxes

against the "make believe its money" fiat money system.

against acting in a discriminatory manner to anyone (here you are actually more "tea-ish" then me with your "dangerous :icon_e_surprised:) attitudes towards American Muslims
keep ones prejudices in your central nervous system!

anti blatant "i want to own every firearm I can just because I can" kooks that have freed themselves from their tethers

and
most importantly

we both like UNDER THE DOME :icon_e_ugeek:

Well I guess you want to be on the geographical fringe as you have typed several times that you wish you could live like I did; free to grow my own food,etc,etc

welcome to the fringe :topsy_turvy:

I really like this response. :) I agree that we are mostly in alignment on a lot of things, but then we clash on interpretations (mostly my not seeing your take on things, or you not seeing mine). I know you feel strongly about some things that I do not find important to me personally, just as you are seeiing me have such strong feelings about Muslims (for personal reasons). But to go further and try to dismiss what is in their holy book is unwise. Same with the Christians and whatever other organized religions are out there. If we cannot have allegiance with each other (and not a faction) then there is something wrong.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
With the way we're more socially and culturally fragmented these days I don't see how there could be a "mellow" secession anywhere in this country. It would never happen via constitutional means (federal Congress has to agree to it, not just the state(s) congress it's happening in).

And other talk of secession isn't really about secession, it's about revolution, which ain't gonna go well for the idiots who try (usually religious whack jobs that want to build their own enclaves).

I prefer a "secession of the mind" where the US remains a nation where a person can choose to live in a way that is free or reduces the amount of poison in processed foods and even "fresh produce"

where one can live out in the 'country'without the peering eyes of nosey neighbors

where one can choose to "switch off" and not be so interconnected with tech ad only be online social when he/she chooses to

where I make the choice whether or not I "need" the emerging tech who's only purpose for release seems to be to "emerge" into ones wallet

disconnect and secede from the neo america myth of having to be "connected" and "cutting edge" or else one is just not relevant

like the man said; "free your mind"

and the other guy said:
".... addiction to indulgence of sense-pleasures (over use of monetary credit, over use of processed foods, medications, indulgences in the "tech world" instead of into the real world,etc), which is low, coarse, the way of ordinary people, unworthy, and unprofitable; and there is addiction to self-mortification (totally of the grid, "prepping" gun hoarding, religious zealotry,etc), which is painful, unworthy, and unprofitable." (parentheticals my additions)

of course this must in practice be a rejection of yet what the other guy said:

"I know your works-- you are neither cold nor hot. If you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth (or words to that effect :))"

this is a representation of so much of contemporary america-"over zealous teamsmanship", excited polarism in all things, radicalism--all examples of this last guy's words in action in today's nation and all examples of a method of living that is non conducive to harmony and progress

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I really like this response. :) I agree that we are mostly in alignment on a lot of things, but then we clash on interpretations (mostly my not seeing your take on things, or you not seeing mine). I know you feel strongly about some things that I do not find important to me personally, just as you are seeiing me have such strong feelings about Muslims (for personal reasons). But to go further and try to dismiss what is in their holy book is unwise. Same with the Christians and whatever other organized religions are out there. If we cannot have allegiance with each other (and not a faction) then there is something wrong.

Bolded--but even in this seeming "non alignment" we are actually similar in that what I find interesting-the micro (I have said this before) in all things regarding human interactions, you find boring. What you find interesting in the micro (my perspective of course!) of tech and PC-ness (what the hell is Linux anyhow? :cameronanime06:) I find boring

Different micro interests "enjoyed" with similar fervor

In other areas: did you read through that FB text I posted in the AMERCIAN ETHOS thread? I think that if someone else here were to read how I responded to those ppl there, they may have a hard time differentiating if it was you or me.

Your my everything man, my hero!!! :love_heart: :icon_lol:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

You....Tha thu 'nad luid! I was hoping for free Haggis recipes! Or free Scottish Science Fiction! Instead I get not merely boring Scottish political dialogue but even worse, boring AMERICAN political dialogue!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

You....Tha thu 'nad luid! I was hoping for free Haggis recipes! Or free Scottish Science Fiction! Instead I get not merely boring Scottish political dialogue but even worse, boring AMERICAN political dialogue!

Here's something non-politically Scottish for you. (BTW, I went thru a Mackintosh phase many years ago -- great designer!)