Firefox for Android Finally Supports Addon

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
My LG fone has a health program built in . It seems to work pretty good. It even gives me shit if I have reached the goal of 10,000 steps per day which I barely reach as of late . Lazy I guess ...
:)

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Does anyone use a pedometer app for counting the steps you take each day? I'm curious to know how well they work.
Why do you want that? They are pointless...

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Does it seem to count your steps accurately?
I believe it does tho I have never put it to the test and I have no idea as to how it knows what it knows . When I go up stairs I always do 2 at a time , not the way everyone does usually . Again no idea if it is measuring the one step or that I am skipping a step . It is actually quite fast to get up a set of stairs also by skipping one step . Try it next time . It's a real cardio workout .
;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Does anyone use a pedometer app for counting the steps you take each day? I'm curious to know how well they work.

My new Huawei phone has it built in, and it is very accurate. It uses the accelerometer to measure steps and GPS to measure distances. They work best when on the body and not in a bag or briefcase/bag.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I believe it does tho I have never put it to the test and I have no idea as to how it knows what it knows . When I go up stairs I always do 2 at a time , not the way everyone does usually . Again no idea if it is measuring the one step or that I am skipping a step . It is actually quite fast to get up a set of stairs also by skipping one step . Try it next time . It's a real cardio workout .
;)

I thought I was weird for doing that! I do that too (go up two at a time). And I also walk up escalators while they are moving. :)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I thought I was weird for doing that! I do that too (go up two at a time). And I also walk up escalators while they are moving. :)
Woohoo ... Awesome Dude !!! I also walk up escalators ... it's what your supposed to do . It's not an elevator . It's an escalator . A completely different thing lol . Sometimes people actually stand to one side which is what your supposed to do and then I can scoot by them . Doing 2 steps on the escalator is a bit of a prig tho . If your were to trip falling forward I think its gonna hurt a lot lol so I do the one step there .
I will keep doing the 2 step as long as my knees will let me ...
;)

Woohoo ... Awesome Dude !!! I also walk up escalators ... it's what your supposed to do . It's not an elevator . It's an escalator . A completely different thing lol . Sometimes people actually stand to one side which is what your supposed to do and then I can scoot by them . Doing 2 steps on the escalator is a bit of a prig tho . If your were to trip falling forward I think its gonna hurt a lot lol so I do the one step there .
I will keep doing the 2 step as long as my knees will let me ...
;)

Old Man Escalator.gif

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Because it's a stupid thing to have. Walking doesn't burn fat. It's muscle mass that does.

Agreed, that is true. But walking can build muscle mass and it is great for cardio. I am SO GLAD that I don't see so many people jogging anymore. Now THAT is a destructive "healthy" exercise. Sure, make jogging a part of the walk for short spurts, and perhaps a rise or two (stairs?). The pedometer is a good metric to use for cardio and calorie burning.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Not worried about fat burning as much as I am basic cardio done via less stressful methods than jogging.

Jogging is unnatural. Walking is. It's that simple. Our bodies were designed to walk, climb and run. Running is only to escape something chasing you, or trying to catch something you want to eat. Jogging confuses the brain in that respect when it is expecting you to walk, running occasionally, climbing occasionally.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
That escalator vid is exactly why you don't do the 2 step on it ... Just think how many bruises or broken bones that poor person got when they fell and they were not even doing the 2 stepper ...
Yikes ...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
That escalator vid is exactly why you don't do the 2 step on it ... Just think how many bruises or broken bones that poor person got when they fell and they were not even doing the 2 stepper ...
Yikes ...

There is an art to it! Like you, I do not two step on the escalator, I just walk up a step at a time. Most people just get on at the bottom and ride up to the top without moving, like an elevator. And they do not even realize it. Even moving sidewalks are designed for people actually walking, not just standing there allowing the sidewalk to move them.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
It's almost 6 am here om1 . Can't beleive your still awake ... I have trouble staying awake past 9:30 pm now lol but I did push to 11 last night ...
;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's almost 6 am here om1 . Can't beleive your still awake ... I have trouble staying awake past 9:30 pm now lol but I did push to 11 last night ...
;)

My sleep schedule has been thrown off by stress (my cat is sick). I come here to take my mind off of things. :)