Firefly media... for those interested

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
Books:
Serenity, 2005 (novelisation of the film), by Keith DeCandido. Pocket Books.
- two other novels were contracted, though not approved by Whedon. One of those was My Own Kind of Freedom, by Steven Brust, released under a creative commons license.

Comic Book series:
- all published by Dark Horse Comics

Serenity: Those Left Behind, 2005. 3 issue series, goes in between the last episode and the film.
Serenity: Better Days, 2008. Follows events after the film.
Serenity: The Other Half, 8-page online offering from Dark Horse Presents.
Serenity: A Shepherd's Tale, 2010. Graphic Novel. Tells the life story of Shepherd Book.

The River Tam Online Webisodes:
Five online web shorts released to promote the Serenity film, they tell the pre-Firefly story of River.

Games:
The Serenity Roleplaying Game, 2005. Margaret Weis Productions. Shiny!

Enjoy, fellow Browncoats!

S

Stonelesscutter

I didn't know they made books of Firefly.
But I don't read books so.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Are the comics any good - picture and story wise?

I thought Those Left Behind was faithful to the characters (unlike the Buffy comics which I've stopped reading but that's another story). You might be disappointed by the artwork and some minor things but it really lays down some essential set up for the movie and come on, all of us firefly fans will be disappointed a little because of how much we loved the actual show itself. Can't beat the real thing. But I did enjoy it. I'm really curious about Sheppard's backstory, I still have to get my hands on the other 3.

Shadowcat

GateFans Noob
I didn't care for Shepherd's Tale (it didn't feel *right* to me somehow). But I did enjoy the other comics.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Nathan Fillion Public Service Announcement
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCf9M5GsDSs