Favorite Season of Babylon 5

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Mods can we make this a poll? Or you guys would not prefer a poll so that we can just rank them in order of likability?

Mine would be either 2 or 3, I forget what happened where, have to watch it again. But first half of season 5 would be all the way at the bottom.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Mods can we make this a poll? Or you guys would not prefer a poll so that we can just rank them in order of likability?

Mine would be either 2 or 3, I forget what happened where, have to watch it again. But first half of season 5 would be all the way at the bottom.

Mine would be season 1. Season 2 started out good, but the second half of it got ruined by the soap and I stopped watching. :( I briefly peeked back in for season 4, but it was full on suds by that time.

Savatage

GateFans Member
I liked all of them for different reasons. It's hard to pick out just one just because it was such a complex story - it's kinda like asking which chapter of a novel you liked best. With books, I don't think in those terms, I think of the novel as a whole and B5 was more like a book on video than a TV series. That being said, in the spirit of the thread, I'd say season 3 and 4 were my favorites, because most of the major story lines were resolved in those seasons.

lady_maneth

Transmural feline
I must say that I couldn't put it better than Savatage above. Still, the more I rewatch, the better I like the other seasons, because I know what's coming and can catch the subtle hints.

G

Graybrew1

I had to put a hold on this rewatch, B5 is bloody expensive. I will finish it later this winter.

lady_maneth

Transmural feline
Good luck! I paid about the same for The Complete B5 Universe (but including all 5 seasons and Crusade, the movies excluding The Lost Tales) a few years ago as I paid about the same as I paid for SG-1 + Continuum and The Arc of Truth. Works out a little bit more expensive per episode for B5 but pretty good value.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Good luck! I paid about the same for The Complete B5 Universe (but including all 5 seasons and Crusade, the movies excluding The Lost Tales) a few years ago as I paid about the same as I paid for SG-1 + Continuum and The Arc of Truth. Works out a little bit more expensive per episode for B5 but pretty good value.
yeah it sucks...until about 18 mo's ago, all of B5 (series, movies, crusade) were up for instant watch on NETFLIX, then "poof" gone:sour: