Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Dr. Frasier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gen. Landry

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
It's very hard to pick just one. To me, every SG1 character has taught be something...But I have to say Carter because I can relate to/learn from her the most. She's smart, strong and independent:)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I voted for Daniel.

I voted for Daniel because I relate to him the most. He is the avant guarde geek who is a romantic at heart and has such a great curiosity of things its almost dangerous. This was the Daniel of the movie. I especially loved the Daniel of SG-1 because he had a sense of dry humor which the original Daniel did not have. He is also an athletic geek unlike the new caricatures they are trying to use which are all fat and have weird idiosyncrasies.

But I also loved Sam for those reasons! Sam is really a geek, not a soldier.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

I voted for Jack over Daniel in the same way that I would vote for Homer Simpson over lisa Simpson or Riley Freeman over Huey Freeman. Personality & humour win over substance any day of the week.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Jack - mainly in his Colonel days. Everyone else was great, and Siler was always lots of fun. I preferred Teal'c as the bald mean Jaffa, not the happy bro. Hammond got soooo fat at the end but he was always the man. It's a bit hard to judge Cam, Landry and Vala as they were only around 2 seasons. And Maybourne was always a hoot although not a team member. The only guy in the whole series I couldn't stand was Pete/David DeLuise. Such a fratboy. Martouf wasn't much help either.

But that was the success of SG/SGA — all of the cast was good, no one was a egotistical ham. And that's the reason SGoo is a massive unlikeable fail — the entire cast, well, sucks.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I love every SG1 character, they're great role models. I guess I'm a Sam/Mitchell/Jack blend. Sam is very well rounded, Jack is humorous and Mitchell has a good attitude in life, never give up and always keep a smile on your face.:icon_e_smile:

JACKS

GateFans Noob
One for the General

I voted for Gen. Hammond he may be gone but not forgotten. :sam59:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
these people make me squee!

I picked Vala because I identify with her....not the sexy space pirate former gou'ald queen part....but the flirty yet can do anything part! ;) I felt her intelligence was underplayed...she could fly/fix about anything and was very good at improvisation! She thought outside the box because she didn't like boxes! I am also married to a "daniel" type...sexy geek! :D so that helps too.

I actually love all the characters of sg1 - janet was hilarious at times, siler- oh that poor put upon man!:P , Sam was brilliant and beautiful....how I envy her height ...*sighhhhhhhhhhhhhs the short gal :P* , who can forget Hammond- the heart of the sgc?, cam was a refreshing change- i loved his cowboy person!;) ....and on and on! hell I even like Kavanaugh from sga better than any character on sgpoo! :P

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
My favorite Vala quote!:lol:
Vala said:
I haven't been this disappointed since Daniel and I had sex.

CommanderOZ

GateFans Noob
I voted for Vala, one because she's an Aussie and two, because Claudia Black is one of the most talented character actresses in the Sci-Fi genre and so underused by TPTB. She couldn't help it if they had had crappy writers, but she did her best I suppose.

I'm surprised neither Cam or Landry didn't get a vote. In fact if I could have I would have voted for all of them:D

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I voted for Vala, one because she's an Aussie and two, because Claudia Black is one of the most talented character actresses in the Sci-Fi genre and so underused by TPTB. She couldn't help it if they had had crappy writers, but she did her best I suppose.

I'm surprised neither Cam or Landry didn't get a vote. In fact if I could have I would have voted for all of them:D

This is why I won't vote on this either. SG-1 and SGA were never about the individual, but about the team and the way they handle eachother and the events around them. No one character stands out to me enough to turn me off either show if they had died. They all worked togeather to make the shows as awesome as they were.
This is a huge reason for me why I'm not sold on SGU, there is no team, no "collective", no character that I give two hoots about. (Actually, there is one character I care about, the Destiny itself, but that's because I love spaceships, nothing else)

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

This is why I won't vote on this either. SG-1 and SGA were never about the individual, but about the team and the way they handle eachother and the events around them. No one character stands out to me enough to turn me off either show if they had died. They all worked togeather to make the shows as awesome as they were.
This is a huge reason for me why I'm not sold on SGU, there is no team, no "collective", no character that I give two hoots about. (Actually, there is one character I care about, the Destiny itself, but that's because I love spaceships, nothing else)

Answer me this........... If the Simpsons was set on The Starship Springfield, would you have a favourite character then? I certainly would & it would be Colonel. Homer Simpson as he is the shizzle as much as is Colonel. Jack O'Neill (two L's).

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Answer me this........... If the Simpsons was set on The Starship Springfield, would you have a favourite character then? I certainly would & it would be Colonel. Homer Simpson as he is the shizzle as much as is Colonel. Jack O'Neill (two L's).

Well, I don't really watch the Simpsons, but I get your point.
Honestly dude, I don't know. For SG-1, umm, err, ahh, probably Daniel because he has the most "humane" outlook on life, yet performed some of the nastiest stuff when he was not "himself"
For SGA, It's even harder because it really was the sense of teamwork that I loved more than anything else on the show. If push comes to shove, it would probably be Shepp, quite possibly for the same reasons as I gave for Daniel.

Contrary to what quite a few SGU squeeboys seem to think, SG-1 and SGA were not totally populated by square jawed popcorn muchining hero's, there was a great deal of darkness in the characters of SG-1/SGA, It's just that the darkness was never fully explored to the extent that it is "suuppoedly being dealt with" in SGU (yeah right, SGU is sooooo dark, what a fucking joke)

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Well, I don't really watch the Simpsons, but I get your point.
Honestly dude, I don't know. For SG-1, umm, err, ahh, probably Daniel because he has the most "humane" outlook on life, yet performed some of the nastiest stuff when he was not "himself"
For SGA, It's even harder because it really was the sense of teamwork that I loved more than anything else on the show. If push comes to shove, it would probably be Shepp, quite possibly for the same reasons as I gave for Daniel.

Contrary to what quite a few SGU squeeboys seem to think, SG-1 and SGA were not totally populated by square jawed popcorn muchining hero's, there was a great deal of darkness in the characters of SG-1/SGA, It's just that the darkness was never fully explored to the extent that it is "suuppoedly being dealt with" in SGU (yeah right, SGU is sooooo dark, what a fucking joke)

Good fucking answer.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I really like Cam. He would be my second fave. He came in a little late but he was so enthusiastic and always keeps a smile on that cute face. I remember in one episode when they return home...
MITCHELL: We have got the best jobs in the world, don't we?

Everyone looks at him strangely.

CARTER: I'm going to hit the shower.

She walks off.

DANIEL: I'm going to find the Doctor.

He also leaves.

Teal'c and Mitchell are left on the ramp.

Teal'c smiles and turns to Mitchell.

TEAL'C: We are indeed suitably employed.

As Teal'c leaves, Mitchell smiles tiredly, looking at his gun.

MITCHELL: Yeah, it was a good day.

He straightens up proudly and follows his team out of the Gate Room.

GetMallozziFired

GateFans Noob
THOR

It's very hard to pick just one. To me, every SG1 character has taught be something...But I have to say Carter because I can relate to/learn from her the most. She's smart, strong and independent:)

I really miss THOR!!!! i always had this idea at the back of my head that that the Asgards downloaded whomever of their own kin's consciousness (that still lived right before the big blow-out) to a data module and gave the the module to SG1 for safekeeping in case they ever find a way to create a new asgard body..not curing the disease that was created via multiple cloning but something new alltogether...because when you think of it they were very close both Asgards and the SG1 team so i guess they could have entrusted SG1 with the task of trying to save their race as a last resort? Plus when looking how McKay was able to recreate a body using replicator cells..i guess looking how the travels of the SG1/SGA's teams brought them to other planets other than milky way planets (which i guess the asgard knew much about) maybe they would find some new technology usable for this purpose

They could even get help from whatever digital representation of an asgard w(Thor?) that was aboard Odyssey to help them out of debugging the new body if need be..just a thought..wouldnt want this idea be seen on SGPoo...i would be pissed...

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

I really miss THOR!!!! i always had this idea at the back of my head that that the Asgards downloaded whomever of their own kin's consciousness (that still lived right before the big blow-out) to a data module and gave the the module to SG1 for safekeeping in case they ever find a way to create a new asgard body..not curing the disease that was created via multiple cloning but something new alltogether...because when you think of it they were very close both Asgards and the SG1 team so i guess they could have entrusted SG1 with the task of trying to save their race as a last resort? Plus when looking how McKay was able to recreate a body using replicator cells..i guess looking how the travels of the SG1/SGA's teams brought them to other planets other than milky way planets (which i guess the asgard knew much about) maybe they would find some new technology usable for this purpose

They could even get help from whatever digital representation of an asgard w(Thor?) that was aboard Odyssey to help them out of debugging the new body if need be..just a thought..wouldnt want this idea be seen on SGPoo...i would be pissed...

It would've been cool if the Asgard had put all of their consciousnesses into the Asgard core & that the holo-Thor is actually Thor. I've long thought that a good way to allow the Asgard's ongoing survival would mean a one time download for each Asgard & a daily back up - remember that guy Harlan and his android versions of SG-1? Comtraya! Some more advanced Asgard versions of those with greater storage capacity would do - I'm surprised SG-1 never suggested it (unless the Asgard actually did that & sent their droid copies out in ships to start again in secret) which could also be cool, a civil war between evil Pegasus Asgard & good android Asgard.

Laurania

GateFans Noob
It's so hard to choose.. I could easily name off my top five.

BUT. I love, love, LOVE Teal'c. He is hilarious in his own, dry way, especially in that episode where Mitchell makes a reference to John McClane to Daniel and Teal'c walks by in the background and says, "Die Hard." XDDD

His little moments like that were well placed and fit him perfectly and for that I love him. He definitely helped add the needed humor to the show after Jack left.

S

Stonelesscutter

I can't believe I hadn't posted on this thread yet.
I love most of the characters on the poll and like the rest of them.
But in the end I picked Jack.
Ofcourse Jack wouldn't have been jackshit without Carter, Teal'c and Daniel.
But heck, gotta pick someone.