FAIL:CBS Turned down Jonathan Frakes’ idea of Star Trek

heisenberg

Earl Grey
G

Graybrew1

I would watch it, and I bet alot of others would too!

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
If he manages to get his show off the ground, I'm there. Too bad UPN isn't still around. I wonder if they'd be able to pick up even though they were owned by Universal?

G

Graybrew1

If he manages to get his show off the ground, I'm there. Too bad UPN isn't still around. I wonder if they'd be able to pick up even though they were owned by Universal?

Maybe some completely off the mark channel like A&E, they have that show The Glades and it is a hit.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Maybe some completely off the mark channel like A&E, they have that show The Glades and it is a hit.

Great show. I also like Breakout Kings.

A&E is also home to a lot of crap like Storage Wars, Intervention, Relapse, Heavy, Hoarders and Dog the Bounty Hunter. I'm half expecting more shows along those lines like:

- Navel Lint
- Basement Dwellers
- Toe Cheese
- Nostril Goblins
- Moppers

Oddly, they have no cooking shows. Syfylys seems to be attracting those lately.

G

Graybrew1

Great show. I also like Breakout Kings.

A&E is also home to a lot of crap like Storage Wars, Intervention, Relapse, Heavy, Hoarders and Dog the Bounty Hunter. I'm half expecting more shows along those lines like:

- Navel Lint
- Basement Dwellers
- Toe Cheese
- Nostril Goblins
- Moppers

Oddly, they have no cooking shows. Syfylys seems to be attracting those lately.

Since they never branded themselves as Scifi , I take no offense to their choice of those other types of shows. But yet I will go to any network that is willing to give ST, or SG for that matter, another chance on the air.

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
i can't say i'm saddened much by this, but that's more a personal thing. I do wish there were more Star Trek on the air ATM.

I just dont' like Frakes' idea of Star Trek. It feels shallower to me.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Damn you and I actually really enjoyed Star Trek Enterprise! Even though it may have a bit backward in technology the acting and storyline were really good, really nicely written.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Damn you and I actually really enjoyed Star Trek Enterprise! Even though it may have a bit backward in technology the acting and storyline were really good, really nicely written.

I had to basicly convince myself I wasn't watching Trek to even come close to enjoying it. Seeing a Klingon on Earth in the very first Ep just made my brain explode:(

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Was the issue with Enterprise the writing or that the prequel messed with the canon?

Fans got mad because the whole star trek timeline was Fraked up. Another thing was there were a lot of inconsistencies(and the usual plot-holes) too. Still a great show nevertheless. I love it to this day...

G

Graybrew1

Fans got mad because the whole star trek timeline was Fraked up. Another thing was there were a lot of inconsistencies(and the usual plot-holes) too. Still a great show nevertheless. I love it to this day...

Especially tripp!

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Was the issue with Enterprise the writing or that the prequel messed with the canon?
Probably a combination of both. I wouldn't say that one thing completely ruined the show - it's not THAT bad, really IMO, nor did they completely screw up canon as to make it unrecognizable, they just took various liberties. If the show had been great, most people other than purist fans would forgive the disdain for canon and style (somewhat like what happened with ST:2009), but the show's under par quality just opened it up for all the valid criticism on other fronts.

G

Graybrew1

I liked it. As long as any ST or SG is enjoyable and entertaining to watch I will watch it. I am not a purist about canon, I understand why some are, but I am not. Enterprise was definately not my fav ST but they definately give it a good go and made a watchable show. However; I will say I hated the last ep.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
I liked it. As long as any ST or SG is enjoyable and entertaining to watch I will watch it. I am not a purist about canon, I understand why some are, but I am not. Enterprise was definately not my fav ST but they definately give it a good go and made a watchable show. However; I will say I hated the last ep.
Yep! :mad:

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Did you dislike the ending too?
I hated it as well. As a matter of fact, I can't remember anybody I spoke to who liked it.
It's a shame they gave the last season of a cancelled show for Manny Coto to fix, which he was doing an excellent job at, and then Berman and Braga barge back in and take over the last episode to crap on the fans once more. :mad:

G

Graybrew1

I hated it as well. As a matter of fact, I can't remember anybody I spoke to who liked it.
It's a shame they gave the last season of a cancelled show for Manny Coto to fix, which he was doing an excellent job at, and then Berman and Braga barge back in and take over the last episode to crap on the fans once more. :mad:

I did not know that, very interesting to hear. I always thought Berman was the brains behind of all ST after Rodenberry.