Eureka X-Mas special "Do You See What I See" *Spoilers*

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
This one airs Tuesday December 6th @8 PM EST on SyFy. :)

SciphonicStranger

S

Stonelesscutter

So Eureka is coming back already too?!?
This is like the best Sinterklaas present ever!

SciphonicStranger

So Eureka is coming back already too?!?
This is like the best Sinterklaas present ever!

SyFy is just copying the Dr Who one off Christmas special concept. The new shows will air next summer. :)

S

Stonelesscutter

SyFy is just copying the Dr Who one off Christmas special concept. The new shows will air next summer. :)

Oh okay. So it will be just 1 episode then. Only 42 minutes or will it be a double?

Also, why do they call it a christmas special if they air it on december 6th?

SciphonicStranger

Oh okay. So it will be just 1 episode then. Only 42 minutes or will it be a double?

Also, why do they call it a christmas special if they air it on december 6th?

42 minutes or so. Same with Warehouse 13 and Haven.

I think once we are past Thanksgiving the networks think they can do any "holiday" special they want. :P

I'm guessing all three of these episodes will be replayed several times before Christmas.

S

Stonelesscutter

42 minutes or so. Same with Warehouse 13 and Haven.

I think once we are past Thanksgiving the networks think they can do any "holiday" special they want. :P

I'm guessing all three of these episodes will be replayed several times before Christmas.

They can do whatever they want. I'll only have to see each episode once.
Well, once now and possibly a couple of times more in the future.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I really enjoyed the episode a lot.

But then...I'm a Christmas special kind of gal.

The final change was hilarious...lots of pop culture references to things related to it. Daughter and I were laughing our asses off and hooting with glee.

What do you expect? It was a Christmas episode.

And I still love SARAH.

G

Graybrew1

I did not like this ep at all. It was too syrupy sweet over the top for me. I was anxiously awaiting the end of the misery by the time it ended. I thought the whole thing smelled too much of a certain Farscape ep from years ago and I totally knew it was the little tyke's game the whole time.

S

Stonelesscutter

This episode was so utterly boring to me. I was fighting to keep my eyes open for most of it. I felt like I was watching a cartoon for 5-year-olds. The Warehouse13 christmas ep was much more to my liking although still slightly too jingly for my taste.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I guess we'll have to disagree here. I liked the idea of having a light and fanciful episode for Christmas and that is what this episode was. I also liked the W13 episode a lot as they came back to their dramedy norm and put a good alt universe story into a Christmas theme.

G

Graybrew1

Just not my cup of tea, too over the top for me.
Plus, Farscape did it a decade or so again.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Just not my cup of tea, too over the top for me. Plus, Farscape did it a decade or so again.
I did not watch Farscape, as I did not care for it. So for me "Farscape did it before" is meaningless.Sorry.At least in Los Angeles, we don't have to watch out for s'ninjas. Thank goodness!

YoshiKart64

Well Known GateFan
Looking forward to watching the two xmas episodes of WH13 and Eureka. I love the idea of Euerka doing animated bits; will post my opinions when I've seen them both.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I just finished watching this ep. I enjoyed it. :)

Briangate78

GateFans Noob
This was a pretty cool episode. Jo with the blue birds was just priceless, because she is like the opposite of a princess, lol. Gonna miss this show and the characters when it ends.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
This was a pretty cool episode. Jo with the blue birds was just priceless, because she is like the opposite of a princess, lol. Gonna miss this show and the characters when it ends.
Ya, I had to laugh about Princess Jo. ;) Or as they called her "Jo White".

It breaks my heart that they've cancelled Eureka, but are still running those stupid "reality" shows like that wrestling garbage that is fiction, rather than science fiction or fantasy.

It also seems that SyFy's sister channel, USA, is about to go the "reality" television route as well. How long will it take them to cancel shows we love on that channel and replace them with MORE wrestling, Ghost Home Decorators, etc?