Et tu, Twitter? Stock plunges 17% for Twitter

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny-news-twitter-stock-plunge-20180727-story.html

Twitter had 335 million monthly users in the quarter, below the 339 million Wall Street was expecting, and down slightly from 336 million in the first quarter. That overshadowed a strong monthly user growth of 3% compared with the previous year.

The company said its monthly user number could continue to fall in the "mid-single-digit millions" in the third quarter.

Like Facebook, this dumb DUMB mentality from investors that growth should be perpetual is what is causing these drops. They get in and buy stock because they are trying to see a gain from their investment. What good is an "investment vehicle" if it does not grow or pay a dividend? It is growing...but not as much. That is enough to scare investors away into another vehicle which is growing more rapidly (like Amazon).

Even gold and silver and gemstones become less valuable as demand for them becomes less. Buying gold is no hedge against anything, if nobody considers it valuable. It still comes down to capitalism.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny-news-twitter-stock-plunge-20180727-story.html

Like Facebook, this dumb DUMB mentality from investors that growth should be perpetual is what is causing these drops. They get in and buy stock because they are trying to see a gain from their investment. What good is an "investment vehicle" if it does not grow or pay a dividend? It is growing...but not as much. That is enough to scare investors away into another vehicle which is growing more rapidly (like Amazon).

Even gold and silver and gemstones become less valuable as demand for them becomes less. Buying gold is no hedge against anything, if nobody considers it valuable. It still comes down to capitalism.
It's all funny money dude. Money has lost all value and these people who have money in shares are going to have a very rude awakening. This is the beginning of the end of the stockmarket. The news you hear about the south china sea has no influence on the sharemarket. That is all psychological but there is going to be a war soon. A war for resources. Watch as the sharemarket closes. Your credit card? won't work. Cash will be useless. Brace yourself. Wide spread collapses of companies. 95% of the workforce fired

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's all funny money dude. Money has lost all value and these people who have money in shares are going to have a very rude awakening. This is the beginning of the end of the stockmarket. The news you hear about the south china sea has no influence on the sharemarket. That is all psychological but there is going to be a war soon. A war for resources. Watch as the sharemarket closes. Your credit card? won't work. Cash will be useless. Brace yourself. Wide spread collapses of companies. 95% of the workforce fired

I couldn't care less. Let those money chasing morons fret and consider suicide and rush to buy gold and bottled water. Life is much more peaceful and less worrisome in the middle class. I am not interested in trading stocks, wars or anything on Wall Street. Let it collapse.

It is a very real thing that those who have themselves plugged into US financial products, real estate holdings, stock portfolios and massive material wealth are living unhappy, worrisome lives which give them day after day of stress and fear. I have better things to do by owning less and making my life comfortable and happy without worrying about dumb shit. :)

Last edited:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I couldn't care less. Let those money chasing morons fret and consider suicide and rush to buy gold and bottled water. Life is much more peaceful and less worrisome in the middle class. I am not interested in trading stocks, wars or anything on Wall Street. Let it collapse.

It is a very real thing that those who have themselves plugged into US financial products, real estate holdings, stock portfolios and massive material wealth are living unhappy, worrisome lives which give them day after day of stress and fear. I have better things to do by owning less and making my life comfortable and happy without worrying about dumb shit. :)
Yes I agree with you there, but you don't have a very nice person in office who loves and cares about the human race very much. You know I am talking about. He's crazy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yes I agree with you there, but you don't have a very nice person in office who loves and cares about the human race very much. You know I am talking about. He's crazy!

Karma is coming for him. :) Watch and see. At the rate he is crumbling and coming under scrutiny, he won't finish his term.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Karma is coming for him. :) Watch and see. At the rate he is crumbling and coming under scrutiny, he won't finish his term.

I was just thinking last week how long it would be before the next elections in USA and whether it isn't just about time for Trump to start a war in order to ensure re-election. Lo and behold, the very next day he was making threats towards Iran. But this is just a little anecdote I wanted to share. I don't want to get political and I certainly don't want you guys to get political, so perhaps just forget that I said that. :P

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I was just thinking last week how long it would be before the next elections in USA and whether it isn't just about time for Trump to start a war in order to ensure re-election. Lo and behold, the very next day he was making threats towards Iran. But this is just a little anecdote I wanted to share. I don't want to get political and I certainly don't want you guys to get political, so perhaps just forget that I said that. :P
War is inevitable but Mathematically, it is impossible to get out of this mess we are in. Game is up.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's what they get for shadowbanning so many! Including me!:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

10k followers and counting.....

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
so this series of videos from joe rogan caught my attn today

i do not use twitter, but i do find it damned silly just how much ppl use it and seem to cling to it

imo, when they changed the rule from a limited number of characters to a larger one, they opened the door for the trouble they have now

that trouble being, many on the right side of society who use twitter feel that their compadres in thought are being punished (banned suspended) at a far great rate and for smaller infractions then those on the left

example-- antifa seems to use twitter unchecked as a rallying site to tell its minions where to go and how to act violently when they get there, while opposing groups have been banned for saying similar things

so in these vids and the statements/promises the twitter execs are making in them to change and punish both sides accordingly and fairly--are they pushing themselves into a no win position?

that is, if they do as the right asks they risk losing twitter members from the left; if they do nothing--especially after making these promises-they risk losing members from the right

either way, twitter may lose and therefore lose even more value to its stock holders

related, i find incredibly stupid and frustrating just how much ppl are relying--worldwide-- on twitter. a place where ppl can and have, make fake accts and put out false info and 'fake news' before anything can be done to counter it

it is disturbing in general

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
so this series of videos from joe rogan caught my attn today

i do not use twitter, but i do find it damned silly just how much ppl use it and seem to cling to it

imo, when they changed the rule from a limited number of characters to a larger one, they opened the door for the trouble they have now

that trouble being, many on the right side of society who use twitter feel that their compadres in thought are being punished (banned suspended) at a far great rate and for smaller infractions then those on the left

example-- antifa seems to use twitter unchecked as a rallying site to tell its minions where to go and how to act violently when they get there, while opposing groups have been banned for saying similar things

so in these vids and the statements/promises the twitter execs are making in them to change and punish both sides accordingly and fairly--are they pushing themselves into a no win position?

that is, if they do as the right asks they risk losing twitter members from the left; if they do nothing--especially after making these promises-they risk losing members from the right

either way, twitter may lose and therefore lose even more value to its stock holders

related, i find incredibly stupid and frustrating just how much ppl are relying--worldwide-- on twitter. a place where ppl can and have, make fake accts and put out false info and 'fake news' before anything can be done to counter it

it is disturbing in general

This is part of the NPC meme "learn to code". NPC = non-player character, and it refers to the dumb automatons found in video games who stand in shops or walk around villages and streets aimlessly, operating on a limited program that allows them only to do a few things and say the same lines over and over. It is represented by the NPX wojak:

bc3.png

The free thinkers are represented by the regular wojak. If you don't know the story of the wojak, you can use Google. This is the regular wojak

wojak.jpg

The NPC is the new SJW. One of the meme elements is "Learn to code", meaning that the whining SJWs could have a better life if they learned something useful.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
This is part of the NPC meme "learn to code". NPC = non-player character, and it refers to the dumb automatons found in video games who stand in shops or walk around villages and streets aimlessly, operating on a limited program that allows them only to do a few things and say the same lines over and over. It is represented by the NPX wojak:

View attachment 35129

The free thinkers are represented by the regular wojak. If you don't know the story of the wojak, you can use Google. This is the regular wojak

View attachment 35130

The NPC is the new SJW. One of the meme elements is "Learn to code", meaning that the whining SJWs could have a better life if they learned something useful.

well, that may be

apparently though it has other meanings/applications as well

seems many media types were telling ppl or commenting on those ppl who were losing their jobs as they were phased out--like coal miners for example. and President Obama suggesting that laid off coal miners could become computer experts with 'a little math and science'

they would say we"learn to code" and get a job

like a 50 some yr old guy who has never did anything but work in the mines is going to suddenly become a coder when he has probably interacted very little with computers to begin with

now, some on the other side of things are telling laid off media workers 'learn to code' and NOW it is offensive and even 'threatening'

so, its use has been banned by twitter as being a "threatening err..."code" by some posters

now, twitter believes that some are basically making a coded threat to media ppl by using the hash tag--that the media started-- "learn to code"

-------------------------------------------------

there is a lot more in the full interview--imo twitter execs have pinned themselves into a corner--they either continue as is and piss off one half of their worldwide membership or take the action they promised in this interview (like looking more closely at antifa) and risk pissing off that side of the social spectrum

there are several things quasi political/ on the fringes, so i did not post them. twitter is making some protected classes of ppl as well with banning "transgender insensitivity" as well.

even when the user is insisting on calling a man a man or a woman a woman based solely on biological grounds