Episodes Bastille Day and Act of Contrition Discussion

B

Backstep

Bastille Day

Season 1 - Episode 3

A desperately-needed supply of water has been located on a distant moon but now Galactica is faced with a new problem— finding the manpower for the labor-intensive job of extracting it. Lee goes to the prison ship Astral Queen to try and persuade the prisoners to help pump the water. However, while he's aboard, the prisoners take control of their ship, and Lee is taken hostage by their leader, the notorious revolutionary Tom Zarek. (Zarek is portrayed by Richard Hatch, who played Captain Apollo in the 1978 Battlestar series.)
Premieres Sat July 2nd at 7/6c.

Act of Contrition

Season 1 - Episode 4

A celebration on the Hangar Deck turns tragic when a strange accident kills thirteen pilots. In the aftermath of the incident, Commander Adama, Lee and Kara are forced to face a ghost from their past—Zak Adama. Lee's brother, Zak was engaged to Kara when he died accidentally during a routine flight years ago. Their inability to come to grips with the past endangers their current duties and relationships.
Premieres Sat July 2nd at 8/7c.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I had forgotten that Cally bit someone's ear off in Bastille Day. :D

I never really liked Richard Hatch's character that much in NuBSG but I was glad he was involved in the reboot.

G

Graybrew1

I had forgotten that Cally bit someone's ear off in Bastille Day. :D

I never really liked Richard Hatch's character that much in NuBSG but I was glad he was involved in the reboot.

I hated his character in it. Too back we did not also get at Dirk Benedict character too.

G

Graybrew1

I watched both of these today. I don't understand why they had to have this thing with the prisoners when they are still trying to deal with survival. I do not care for Hatch's character at all on the reboot. That accident with the missile was a shame. Just what they needed. :facepalm: Baltar is starting to sweat again. Some tidbits of info in the second ep.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The prisoners were being recruited as labor to help mine the ice from the moon. The whole question of what to do with lawbreakers did need to be addressed.

And even without the accident they needed to start recruiting from the fleet to get Galactica back to full crew.

G

Graybrew1

The prisoners were being recruited as labor to help mine the ice from the moon. The whole question of what to do with lawbreakers did need to be addressed.

And even without the accident they needed to start recruiting from the fleet to get Galactica back to full crew.

It just felt a little stand alone ep for me. I understand the writing of it, but I think that it was out of place for me.