Episodes 33 and Water discusion

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
The explosion made one huge icicle

That is a good point - couldn't they have just harpooned it and pulled it back on board? ;)

G

Graybrew1

So are these dreams that Baltar is having with Six right now? Or are they messages from the Cylons? Is he connected to her at this point?

G

Graybrew1

That guy in the ship with Sharon is Aidan from Being Human. I did not remember that, Is he a redshirt?

Anybody else still out there?

SciphonicStranger

So are these dreams that Baltar is having with Six right now? Or are they messages from the Cylons? Is he connected to her at this point?

Head character to give Tricia Helfer more screen time. ;)

B

Backstep

At this point in the show, i was thinking his daydreams were the result of his destroying the "world(s) and he becoming psychotic, voices in his head.

G

Graybrew1

At this point in the show, i was thinking his daydreams were the result of his destroying the "world(s) and he becoming psychotic, voices in his head.

I used to think so too, but our friend that was more versed in the lore had informed me of another theory for that.

SciphonicStranger

Smoking on a spaceship. I never quite got that.

SciphonicStranger

Not too worried about blowing up I guess, are they not pressurized? But then again, Back before my time, there was ashtrays on planes too.

Just seemed weird to me, but I did love Doc Cottle in this show. :P

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I used to think so too, but our friend that was more versed in the lore had informed me of another theory for that.

If you knew--and only you knew--that you are the only one responsible for facilitating the destruction of your civilization, survived and escaped for now..wouldn't you be exhibiting signs of psychotic behavior as well? I think that Baltar is remarkably well "put together" emotionally and mentally (later you will get some insight into his "toughness"), a lesser individual would of 'cracked' some time ago.

but

just saying

not making pronouncements or insisting i am right

hope you enjoyed the show

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Looking back on this, Boomer was the one trying to get them to stop from destroying the O C and she is actually a Cylon. Interesting writing easter egg again.

but she does not know "who" she really is. she has not yet been 'activated'

G

Graybrew1

now do you all see what i mean about "actively viewing the show"?

it's not for "bystanders"--probably why some disliked it

Agreed, Even most they had large problems with later seasons agree that these beginning of this show rocked.

G

Graybrew1

If you knew--and only you knew--that you are the only one responsible for facilitating the destruction of your civilization, survived and escaped for now..wouldn't you be exhibiting signs of psychotic behavior as well? I think that Baltar is remarkably well "put together" emotionally and mentally (later you will get some insight into his "toughness"), a lesser individual would of 'cracked' some time ago.

but

just saying

not making pronouncements or insisting i am right

hope you enjoyed the show

Didn't Six tell him about the O C? How else would he have known, if that was not "real"?