Episodes 33 and Water discusion

B

Backstep

If you knew--and only you knew--that you are the only one responsible for facilitating the destruction of your civilization, survived and escaped for now..wouldn't you be exhibiting signs of psychotic behavior as well? I think that Baltar is remarkably well "put together" emotionally and mentally (later you will get some insight into his "toughness"), a lesser individual would of 'cracked' some time ago.

but

just saying

not making pronouncements or insisting i am right

hope you enjoyed the show

I agree with the Baltar part, with highly narcissistic individuals when under that much pressure, how would you know they cracked? With a secret of the magnitude Baltar is keeping, would that not change the person from who they were, from egotistical narcissist to paranoid schizophrenic?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Didn't Six tell him about the O C? How else would he have known, if that was not "real"?

yes def. head 6 told him..well at least got him thinking about it, because of that Dr 'amaranth' being on board and having requested an audience with the Prez. Did you all catch that part? Amaranth will come up again also.

when I was t/a what u qtd here, i was just speaking to his mental state not the Olympic Carrier deal.

the thing that always 'irked' me about this ep is that the CAP crew know that there is no one aboard (through the windows) and they no it has nukes (it is not a warship so..) but the still get bent out of shape about waxing it.. This comes up later as well--with no mention of the oc not following instructions or its nuclear payload.

G

Graybrew1

yes def. head 6 told him..well at least got him thinking about it, because of that Dr 'amaranth' being on board and having requested an audience with the Prez. Did you all catch that part? Amaranth will come up again also.

when I was t/a what u qtd here, i was just speaking to his mental state not the Olympic Carrier deal.

the thing that always 'irked' me about this ep is that the CAP crew know that there is no one aboard (through the windows) and they no it has nukes (it is not a warship so..) but the still get bent out of shape about waxing it.. This comes up later as well--with no mention of the oc not following instructions or its nuclear payload.

The way I thought about that is that the Cylons could have been hiding the civilians away from the windows and they could have placed the nukes on it. So, yes the right thing to do, but they might still have been killing those people themselves.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I agree with the Baltar part, with highly narcissistic individuals when under that much pressure, how would you know they cracked? With a secret of the magnitude Baltar is keeping, would that not change the person from who they were, from egotistical narcissist to paranoid schizophrenic?

maybe not a paranoid schizophrenic but maybe a change in his personality to one with paranoid delusions or sensitive to accusations. if he were a 'true' schizophrenic I don't think he would be able to function as he does--particularly later on when he starts 'doing stuff'. don't what to be a spoiler.. you have to be able to -though in this point of the show it has not been 'sold' that hard yet--that head 6 is a real entity that chooses to only be seen by Baltar as he has "been chosen by god as his instrument (h6 to Baltar later on)"
also, I think I put this in the other thread-or the link:
from bsgwiki####spoilers####

"Baltar is ready to believe that he is truly insane until he hears Karl Agathon and Caprica-Sharon discuss Valerii's pregnancy with a Cylon/human hybrid child from his observation room. Six tells Baltar earlier that "their child" would be born in that cell, and this leads Baltar to realize that Six must be real because his subconscious couldn't have known that (TRS: "Home, Part II"). However, Hera is actually neither conceived, nor born in that specific cell."

[/I]

B

Backstep

The way I thought about that is that the Cylons could have been hiding the civilians away from the windows and they could have placed the nukes on it. So, yes the right thing to do, but they might still have been killing those people themselves.

The civilians may all have been killed by the cylons before the ship jumped to the fest of the fleet. The cylons were waiting for the crews to become so fatigued as to make a mistake, take out the Battlestar and clean up the fleet.

In the ep Water, the cylons tried a new stragity, a frontal assult didn't work, try subterfuge, send one of their own to destroy and disable a needed resource. That failed because the Boomer unit did not fully switch to full cylon

G

Graybrew1

The civilians may all have been killed by the cylons before the ship jumped to the fest of the fleet. The cylons were waiting for the crews to become so fatigued as to make a mistake, take out the Battlestar and clean up the fleet.

In the ep Water, the cylons tried a new stragity, a frontal assult didn't work, try subterfuge, send one of their own to destroy and disable a needed resource. That failed because the Boomer unit did not fully switch to full cylon

Yes, that is what the VP are hoping is true, but you just never know. This is another example of the writer's leaving it up to interpretation.

B

Backstep

maybe not a paranoid schizophrenic but maybe a change in his personality to one with paranoid delusions or sensitive to accusations. if he were a 'true' schizophrenic I don't think he would be able to function as he does--particularly later on when he starts 'doing stuff'. don't what to be a spoiler.. you have to be able to -though in this point of the show it has not been 'sold' that hard yet--that head 6 is a real entity that chooses to only be seen by Baltar as he has "been chosen by god as his instrument (h6 to Baltar later on)"
also, I think I put this in the other thread-or the link:
from bsgwiki####spoilers####

"Baltar is ready to believe that he is truly insane until he hears Karl Agathon and Caprica-Sharon discuss Valerii's pregnancy with a Cylon/human hybrid child from his observation room. Six tells Baltar earlier that "their child" would be born in that cell, and this leads Baltar to realize that Six must be real because his subconscious couldn't have known that (TRS: "Home, Part II"). However, Hera is actually neither conceived, nor born in that specific cell."

[/I]

This is where Baltars dreams come to play, they are his stabilizer, when under stress he goes to his "happy place". The head 6 to me was a new twist on the voices in the head theme, where before we saw different angles of the actors face or finger shadow puppets with the actor talking to themselves in third person.

No comment on the future spoilers.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
thats odd..when i posted this i hit 'reply with qte'..didn't take oh well