Epic Rollercoasters - B4T Games - Played on Oculus Rift S

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Epic Rollercoasters - B4T Games (Oculus Store)

This was a surprisingly engaging game, which is actually more of an experience than a game. There is a shooter mode which allows you to use weapons to shoot at passing targets, but for me that took away the fun of riding the rollercoasters. But, it's there if you want it. Also, there is a leaderboard for the shooting versions.

EpicCoasters.PNG

Strangely, there are two settings for all coasters. "Immersive" is the most realistic, but it also can and probably will make you dizzy and possibly nauseous. The other setting is called "Comfortable" which takes this feeling away. From what I have read, the disorientation comes from your brain not understanding why your body's sensors do not match what is being experienced, and your body responds by becoming disoriented. I strongly recommend using only comfortable mode when playing any VR game. It is actually a category in the store. The games all have a comfort rating like "Immersive", "Comfortable", "Mid-Comfort", etc.

Last edited:

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Can you do a video for this one as well, showing off some coasters?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Yes, and I will take your other advice into account as well. When I get to where you might give a thumbs up, I will pull down the Brass Tactics vid and redo it. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Okay, I discovered several things while making videos for the rollercoasters. One, the program I was using to convert the video has settings to keep the video small without loss of quality. I was wondering why a video that took only 10 minutes to make would come out to over 30gb, and it was the output settings. Second, I found out that the capture software I am using only picks up the output from the game and not the microphone on the Oculus headset. This means a separate audio recording is needed or a post-edit voiceover. Anyways, I am back at work so this will either happen on my off days (Wed and Thu) or during my off time after work in the morning. I will have them up soon!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Okay, I discovered several things while making videos for the rollercoasters. One, the program I was using to convert the video has settings to keep the video small without loss of quality. I was wondering why a video that took only 10 minutes to make would come out to over 30gb, and it was the output settings. Second, I found out that the capture software I am using only picks up the output from the game and not the microphone on the Oculus headset. This means a separate audio recording is needed or a post-edit voiceover. Anyways, I am back at work so this will either happen on my off days (Wed and Thu) or during my off time after work in the morning. I will have them up soon!
Hey! The thread is now showing in the recent threads section. Guess you fixed that.

As for recording audio with your video, it might actually be beneficial to record it in post, as you can think about it more before making the audio recording, and you can also record the audio over and over again until you feel it is just right. On the other hand, I suppose you could always record the audio while doing the video and strip it if it's not to your liking, then record new audio and add it in. And perhaps recording audio as things are actually happening has its benefits as well. I guess it's all up to you.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hey! The thread is now showing in the recent threads section. Guess you fixed that.

As for recording audio with your video, it might actually be beneficial to record it in post, as you can think about it more before making the audio recording, and you can also record the audio over and over again until you feel it is just right. On the other hand, I suppose you could always record the audio while doing the video and strip it if it's not to your liking, then record new audio and add it in. And perhaps recording audio as things are actually happening has its benefits as well. I guess it's all up to you.

Okay, now I figured out how to use the mic on the headset for recording while I am also in the games! Coaster videos coming first, since all I have to do is make the same sounds I do when riding them. I have since gotten several other awesome coasters from the time I first posted this. Videos coming over the next couple of days!